Saturday, May 18, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: The right gap between sail sizes

The right gap between sail sizes 5 years 1 month ago #37

Ady wrote:
Wow, that Zeta has more shape then a Retro! Your kind of sail :)

True! :)
Though, I think I didn’t put enough outhaul; the draft seems a bit too severe. ...rigged it quick this morning while it was 31 degrees outside; I got cold and consequently lazy with adjustments!

The right gap between sail sizes 5 years 1 month ago #38

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Greg from Sheb. wrote:
I'm all set, thank you!

Lion 8.5, 7.0, 6.0 and Zeta 5.2, 4.7

Not so fast, I don’t see a Hydra quiver here! Too alien fir you? It’s part of the monocycle’s requisite, Hydra and this...

:lol:

The right gap between sail sizes 5 years 1 month ago #39

Ady wrote:
Not so fast, I don’t see a Hydra quiver here! Too alien fir you? It’s part of the monocycle’s requisite, Hydra and this...
:lol:

Yeah, right! :ohmy:
I think David Ezzy probably have some good reason for that contraption but it does look goofy. I'm not ready for this yet!
Think of how tiring it would be to uphaul this sail repetitively with a "tail" this long dragging in the water... It might work well once you have the skills but it doesn't look very practical for learning. I can bet David Ezzy will change it to a less dramatic design in the years to come. And how about waterstarting with it? When I tried foiling in Bonaire last month, the sail I had was large enough that I could waterstart with it. Not the safest way to get going but the one that saves your energy the most. The water was super clear and as long as I could see the foil below, I kept it safe for my feet and legs. Foiling purist will tell me that if I could waterstart, that meant the sail was too big. Yes and no... my instructor didn't want me to worry about having to pump like crazy and wanted me to focus on feeling the balance once flying - hence the sail slightly oversized, but I digress...

Also, as Reid pointed out in an other post, our cold water lakes alter surface wind strength and consistency so much that having more cloth down below isn't really much of an advantage, is it?

The right gap between sail sizes 5 years 1 month ago #40

Greg from Sheb. wrote:
...I'm going Ezzy all the way! ...yesterday I received my new missing pieces: custom-colored Ezzy Lion 6.0, Zeta 5.2 and 4.7! Stoke! Just rigged the 5.2 to see if it had some sizable draft and yes it does! ... :woohoo:

Lion 8.5, 7.0, 6.0 and Zeta 5.2, 4.7
QuiverEzzy2019.jpg

Looks pretty sweet. I want to race your 7.0 with my 6.9.

Greg from Sheb. wrote:
I sold my Revo 5.7 and the corresponding mast. I sold my Ezzy Cheetah 6.5 and I'm still selling my Revo 5.0 and Ezzy Cheetah 7.5 if anyone is interested.

I put a red SOLD in bold on your Revo 5.7 & Ezzy Cheetah 6.5. The other 2 sails For Sale are still in the Windsurfing Gear forum for somebody to jump on. (links below)

Revo 5.0
windsurfillinois.com/index.php/forum/win...nd-5-0-for-sale#4962

Ezzy Cheetah 7.5
windsurfillinois.com/index.php/forum/win...nd-7-5-for-sale#4964

The right gap between sail sizes 5 years 1 month ago #41

Reid Fillman wrote:
Looks pretty sweet. I want to race your 7.0 with my 6.9.

This sounds like a challenge! ;) I'm in!

Reid Fillman wrote:
I put a red SOLD in bold on your Revo 5.7 & Ezzy Cheetah 6.5. The other 2 sails For Sale are still in the Windsurfing Gear forum for somebody to jump on.

Thanks a lot for taking care of this. :)
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds