Sunday, April 28, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Sheboygan Chronicles - 2019

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2019 4 years 6 months ago #85

Greg from Sheb. wrote:
Let's start with some of the crew: Top to bottom - Jim, Bill, Mike, Jake (unfortunately no pictures of Bruce and Rob)

Great shots of everybody and yourself.

Greg from Sheb. wrote:
Now, give me a flat water heaven and let's see what happens to the speed challenge! B)

Yep, we haven't heard the last from the Bolt.

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2019 4 years 6 months ago #86

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Come down to Wolf this Tuesday if you can. Who knows, you may get your speed record and I my 360 :woohoo:

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2019 4 years 6 months ago #87

Ady wrote:
Come down to Wolf this Tuesday if you can. Who knows, you may get your speed record and I my 360 :woohoo:

I wish I could. Work got in the way this time. I know I'll make it down there this year... Success with the 360's?
And yes, I'm sure the Bolt has more in it than I've been able to pull out. What I found though, is that its is hard to get it going super fast with the 8.5. I feel that overpowered on a 7.0 will do the trick! We'll see...

Everything got totally crazy here in Sheb., on Monday (?) with steep swell in the 10'-12', continuous-breaking waves as far as 1/2 a mile out and full on-shore East wind gusts above 25kn, I almost gave this a try. By 8am, there was one kite playing in the 6-8' shorebreak. I watch how chaotic everything was for a moment and then headed to the office. Too much for me!

Back to the Saturday morning session which turned out OK after all. The second time out, the wind picked-up a bit close to shore and I had a few good runs in 4' swell while a few more surfers showed up to enjoy a piece of the action.

20191019Sheboygan05.jpg

Meeting the Sheboygan Reef Bouee
20191019Sheboygan36.jpg

SessionSheboygan20191019.jpg

Climb that hill
20191019Sheboygan15.jpg

Hit that wall
20191019Sheboygan22c.jpg

Then show that fin to the seagulls - See how bent this thing is? Is that normal?
20191019Sheboygan34.jpg

20191019Sheboygan07.jpg

Not a good posture for this jibe but love how the board edges almost out the water.
20191019Sheboygan21.jpg

Enough. I'm out.
20191019Sheboygan28.jpg

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2019 4 years 5 months ago #88

Thursday, Nov. 21, 2019. Wolf Lake. Gusty. Icy water. 52 degrees. Bolt 125 with the 6.0 Lion and a fin that was way too big (44cm).
I met Ady, Roman and a couple of other windsurfers (Sry, I forget names easily! ). That was fun to meet everyone and sail together.
I spent 6 hours in the car to sail for 1.5-2 hours. The ratio isn't favorable but I needed a wind fix! Winter came too soon up north and it had been a month since the last session.

I'll post some pics once I go through the footage but I was pretty happy to experience the difference that flat water makes for speed runs. Check the Locosys Stats!
What I'm pretty happy with is my results with 100 meters and 250 meters, that was powered! At least it was for me. Next: I need a carbon fin that's a bit more stiff than the G10 MFC H1. The MFC bends so much and provides so much lift that at full tilt, the board flies dangerously on its fin. I think with a proper fin, I could improve.

Top-5 2 seconds:
33.48 2S MPH
30.87 2S MPH
30.49 2S MPH
30.27 2S MPH
30.05 2S MPH
2 seconds average: 31.03MPH

TOP Results:
34.02MPH MAX
32.71MPH 10Sec
33.23MPH 100M
31.22MPH 250M
29.87MPH 500M

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2019 4 years 5 months ago #89

Nice work on your speed, both max and sustained.

Did you get a chance to try your Kode 109? A 6.0 would have been perfect on it.

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2019 4 years 5 months ago #90

Reid Fillman wrote:
Nice work on your speed, both max and sustained.
Did you get a chance to try your Kode 109? A 6.0 would have been perfect on it.

Thanks Reid.
Yes, the 6.0 would have been ideal with the Kode. But no, I didn’t try it. I wanted to but didn’t want to spend time in barely-above-freezing water more than necessary, and I knew the Kode would get me in the drink more than wanted. I’ll probably have to wait till next year for better conditions.

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2019 4 years 5 months ago #91

11/21/2019. Unfortunately, the GoPro battery died during my best runs... Anyway, the device is great to capture vids but has limited merit when it comes to capture data. Mine loves to act up here and there.

Ha! 31mph in that jibe? No way!
JSLM6158.jpg

Here's my best (fake) run! And some totally intended fogged up effects :lol:
BBCA3315.jpg

Roman, ready to kill it!
APZH9252.jpg

Roman and ?
OVXO4051.jpg

Ady ready to pack up. Sorry but I have no pics of you on the water!
MREV4147.jpg

Maybe this one is ledgit... Who knows?
BZEK7812.jpg

At least, this one seems to be.
OBEV7383.jpg

Bring me that gust! ;)
PTHJ7014.jpg

That didn't go as planned here.
BOFL6260.jpg

VGKX1555.jpg

To close the season: A slight encounter with the mast during a nice crash. Thank god this wasn't my head! Too bad the camera stopped filming, this might have been one of my most painfuuul ! :lol:
IMG_8850_fix.jpg

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2019 4 years 5 months ago #92

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
No hero without a wound-a popular phrase among my natives. It doesn’t look too bad, but it will hurt for a while I’m sure. Wolf bites, it’s been proven time and again and I have a few scars myself from it’s teeth to show.
Anyway, that 32 mph looks OK, can I finally use it for the challenge thread ? I’ll replace it with a better one once you have it.

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2019 4 years 5 months ago #93

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2019 4 years 5 months ago #94

Ady wrote:
No hero without a wound-a popular phrase among my natives. It doesn’t look too bad, but it will hurt for a while I’m sure. Wolf bites, it’s been proven time and again and I have a few scars myself from it’s teeth to show.

Ha! That lake took a bite of my fin too! ...and my arm is got a bit worse :( and the bruise is extending all the way to the elbow. I'll spare the unattractive pictures :lol:
That'll definitely leave a mark. BTW, what's that movie?

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2019 4 years 5 months ago #95

Greg from Sheb. wrote:
That'll definitely leave a mark. BTW, what's that movie?

Tommy Boy (1995)

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2019 4 years 3 months ago #96

Hey! We're in 2020 but I'm not yet done with 2019!
Check this out: My first 90-minute foiling in the Caribbean! Yes, it was 10 months ago but I bet the color on the water is just the same now! :P

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds