Saturday, April 27, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Sheboygan Chronicles - 2019

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2019 4 years 6 months ago #73

Great pics, nice jumps, Greg

Greg from Sheb. wrote:
29mph: That's more realistic! I think its pretty good for a board that's not even good in speed nor waves and a 5-batten sail wit No cam ...and that wasn't flat water sailing either!

Are you saying that the one photo with 37 is a glitch? The speedometer on that one does look like it goes to 300. :lol:

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2019 4 years 6 months ago #74

Yes it is. Initially I thought I’d post it in Ady’s speed page but I finally couldn’t steal his speed record! :lol:
My GoPro GPS is spiking here and there, and also when under water. Compared to the Locosys watch, my experience is that the GoPro GPS data appears less consistent and accurate.

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2019 4 years 6 months ago #75

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Greg from Sheb. wrote:
Yes it is. Initially I thought I’d post it in Ady’s speed page but I finally couldn’t steal his speed record! :lol:
My GoPro GPS is spiking here and there, and also when under water. Compared to the Locosys watch, my experience is that the GoPro GPS data appears less consistent and accurate.
Nope, it’s perfect legit, you have the proof. You got the lucky gust or the lucky shot-you own it. As long as it’s not photoshopped. There is a lot of chance in professional sports too. That’s the reason I allow GoPro readings only-it makes it equally inaccurate for everyone, it looks better with a picture background and most importantly it’s more fun . We hate serious shit over here B)

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2019 4 years 6 months ago #76

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
If you really insist though, give me a good picture with over 30 mph and I’ll replace the 37 one with it.

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2019 4 years 6 months ago #77

Greg from Sheb. wrote:
Yes it is....My GoPro GPS is spiking here and there, and also when under water.

Yeah something was off when it made room for the possibility of 300 mph. :dry: Your GoPro might have thought you were on the Goya Bolt or a participant in the Oshkosh air show. :lol:

300_movie.jpg

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2019 4 years 6 months ago #78

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
300 is THE Holy Grail! ;)
Mine spikes like that when underwater sometimes but I’ve yet to see it when above. Anyway it’s up to it’s owner to present it as legitimate. I will not dispute.

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2019 4 years 6 months ago #79

• Bob M
  • Gale Force
Greg from Sheb. wrote:

For the most accurate GoPro GPS data you want to do a few things.
1 ) Check UAV forecast for number of available sattelites
2 ) Turn the camera on using the side mode button (Do Not use Quick Capture if GPS information is important to you)
3 ) The camera should be in an open area under a clear blue sky
a. If you are using with your vehicle, mount outside away from the windshield
4 ) Make sure the GPS location icon is lit
5 ) Wait at least one minute (5-10 is best) before you start to record to allow the most satellite locks
6 ) Keep the camera away from other electrical devices and radio transmissions
7 ) Avoid mounting on/near reflective materials
8 ) Use the camera in the Frame mount and not the Super Suit (it will work in the Super Suit but might have a weaker signal)
9 ) Use a recommended SD card (for write speed accuracy)
gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations
10) Run a manual update of the camera firmware if you are having issues
gopro.com/update

If you continue to have issues, contact the GoPro Support Team gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2019 4 years 6 months ago #80

Thx for the tips Bob.
I cannot claim that speed to be legit. :( It didn’t feel that fast and I know what it feels to go above 30mph. I’ll try to beat your speed records one day. The Bolt might help and flat water will definitely. Might have to drive down to Wolf again... :woohoo:

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2019 4 years 6 months ago #81

Wed. Oct. 16. Winnebago. 48f-Cold. Chop. Waves 1-2'. NW. 6.0 powered + 125 Bolt. This was like in the 90s' : 7 windsurfers and one kite only: What's happening? Too cold for kiteboarders? :lol:
At least too cold for me spending time in the water with the 115 Starship during failed jibes. At least I know that I can jibe dry with the 125 Bolt. Maybe a bit too much chop and waves for the Bolt but a good practice anyway. It was bouncy and the board a bit all over the place, but I still managed to do multiple runs in the 27-28 mph over a pretty good distance and top it up with 29 mph. Looking back at the conditions, that's not too bad. Now, give me a flat water heaven and let's see what happens to the speed challenge! B)

Let's start with some of the crew: Top to bottom - Jim, Bill, Mike, Jake (unfortunately no pictures of Bruce and Rob)
07Winnebago20191016.jpg

28Winnebago20191016.jpg

29Winnebago20191016.jpg

24Winnebago20191016.jpg

Honorable 29mph in somehow rough waters.
TOP RSLT LOCOSYS WATCH
29.54MPH MAX
27.92MPH 10S
28.05MPH 100M
27.30MPH 250M
26.76MPH 500M
08Winnebago20191016.jpg

Zoom-zoom!
25Winnebago20191016.jpg

Graceful curves! (Not me, the water!) :lol:
02bWinnebago20191016.jpg

Can't resist a little bump ...and splash-landing!
30aWinnebago20191016.jpg

30bWinnebago20191016.jpg

I won! No Photoshop! :woohoo: :lol: ;)
17bWinnebago20191016.jpg

More HERE

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2019 4 years 6 months ago #82

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Bang! You did it again! I love your GoPro, can’t wait for that 300 shot of the century :lol:

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2019 4 years 6 months ago #83

Ady wrote:
Bang! You did it again! I love your GoPro, can’t wait for that 300 shot of the century :lol:

Ha! I’ll try my best! :)
While waiting for the wind...

726DBF68-1FEE-4E89-B100-48A4A1B8EE67.jpeg

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2019 4 years 6 months ago #84

Supposed to be 15-25kn. Barely 10kn. Got skunked!
Nice day at the beach though! And one single surfer.

B9913C3E-5BD2-4BF3-90CF-0A43A7BC34F1.jpeg

29F4FF37-0017-49F3-9DB4-21A4118E38ED.jpeg
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds