Thursday, May 02, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Speed videos

Speed videos 4 years 6 months ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force

Speed videos 4 years 5 months ago #2

this is a classic speed sailing clip from the 90s featuring Laird Hamilton (starts at 9:55)

Speed videos 4 years 5 months ago #3

What kissing 60 mph looks like. The good news is, at that speed you won't feel any horror or pain of the actual crash...because you won't have any memory of it. :dry: :lol:

95 kmh = 59 mph :woohoo:

Andy Laufer

Speed videos 4 years 5 months ago #4

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Holly crap! He is moving! :ohmy:

Speed videos 4 years 5 months ago #5

That buzzed water with offshore wind is the Open Water class in speed sailing. Here's Robby Naish's version of "Open Water" speed sailing from his movie RIP (1995). Of the 2 greatest windsurfing movies of all time, RIP is one of them. And the best soundtrack of any action sports vid ever.

Robby Naish's version of "Open Water" speed sailing @ 2:09 to 2:31 :dry:

Speed videos 4 years 5 months ago #6

so, what's the other greatest windsurfing movie of all time?

I can't even tell you how many times I've watched Robby Naish RIP.

Here's another good speed sailing clip from Australia

PS, what's the reliable method for embedding videos? for youtube, I just paste the link w/ no markup and it embeds, but with this vimeo, no dice. tried doing generic video markup and vimeo specific markup.

vimeo.com/39699226

Speed videos 4 years 5 months ago #7

Kevin Kan wrote:
so, what's the other greatest windsurfing movie of all time?

Hard Winds a Blowin' (1987). Waves and after shocks are still being felt from that video's impact.

Boom_explosion_2019-11-04.gif

Kevin Kan wrote:
...but with this vimeo, no dice.

Yeah, Vimeo likes to change things on their end just to aggravate me...personally. :lol: Google likes to do it too. Looking into it.

tuttle_2.jpg

Speed videos 4 years 5 months ago #8

The 61 mph face.

99 km/h = 53.28 kn = 61.31 mph

Andy Laufer

Speed videos 4 years 5 months ago #9

must be frustrating not to break that magic 100km/h mark!

Speed videos 4 years 5 months ago #10

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
So much cooler with the GoPro speed display! Just checked the rules. The qualifying speed is actually the average taken over a 500 m course. Holly Molly!

Speed videos 4 years 5 months ago #11

Yep, over the 500 m course Antoine Albeau hit a peak v-max speed of 55.28 knots.

55.28 kn = 102.37 km/h = 63.61 mph :dry:

We ask Antoine Albeau if he would give us some on-board footage to experience what his windsurfing is like. He came back with this...

Speed videos 4 years 5 months ago #12

Ady wrote:
So much cooler with the GoPro speed display! Just checked the rules. The qualifying speed is actually the average taken over a 500 m course. Holly Molly!

the whole GPS sticker/overlay is great. makes me want to get a new GoPro. I'm currently using a GoPro Session 4. No GPS. I'm interested to see the speedometer on jibes (foiling and finning). Curious how well i can keep my speed up (much easier foiling).
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds