Monday, May 13, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Anyone noticed GoPro App iOS GPS sticker gone?

Anyone noticed GoPro App iOS GPS sticker gone? 4 years 6 months ago #13

Do you guys always edit video on your mobile devices? Or are you just importing them to add the GPS sticker overlay and then sending them to a desktop app for editing?

Anyone noticed GoPro App iOS GPS sticker gone? 4 years 6 months ago #14

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Kevin Kan wrote:
Do you guys always edit video on your mobile devices? Or are you just importing them to add the GPS sticker overlay and then sending them to a desktop app for editing?

You can add the gps stickers from a windows 10 desktop using the GoPro app and you can edit videos on your phone using app like GoPro Splice. I do it in my phone because it’s easier for me, but my videos are rather unpretentious.

Anyone noticed GoPro App iOS GPS sticker gone? 4 years 6 months ago #15

Reid Fillman wrote:
Greg, tell me if this is what you're seeing. After opening the downloaded clip in the app's media bin (see sequence below).

Thanks Reid. I got it to work ...somehow. Like Ady mentioned, with the new 6.1 app, you now must download the video on the device in order to access the stickers. This is super inconvenient as it takes a significant amount of time and uses a lot of space on the phone. Not good when the only thing you want is to extract a picture with the speed sticker. That's regressive. In the previous 6.0 version of the app, you could just do this directly connected to the camera without ever having to download the original footage.

And as far as editing, I don't use my phone or iPad for that. Instead I use Adobe Premiere, courtesy of my office software package! And I never embedded a sticker on my edited and encoded videos yet.

Anyone noticed GoPro App iOS GPS sticker gone? 4 years 6 months ago #16

Greg from Sheb. wrote:
...extract a picture with the speed sticker....In the previous 6.0 version of the app, you could just do this directly connected to the camera without ever having to download the original footage.

The Golden Age of GoPro GPS. :(

Anyone noticed GoPro App iOS GPS sticker gone? 4 years 6 months ago #17

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Greg, if you have a pc running Windows 10 you can install the GoPro app for Windows. Downloading the videos to the app using a cable is a lot faster, charges the battery and you can put all the stickers with exception Google maps.

Anyone noticed GoPro App iOS GPS sticker gone? 4 years 6 months ago #18

Greg from Sheb. wrote:
...extract a picture with the speed sticker....In the previous 6.0 version of the app, you could just do this directly connected to the camera without ever having to download the original footage.

This functionality still works in the current GoPro Quik | Desktop v2.7.0. I didn't have to download clips to computer. I can play clips from external source, add Stickers, take snapshots, and leave.

GoPro Quik | Desktop - Auto update OFF ! :woohoo:

GoPro Quik | Desktop v2.7.0. - Supported Operating Systems:

Mac
OS 10.10.X or later

Windows
64 bit Windows 10 in desktop mode only. 32 bit systems are not supported.

Anyone noticed GoPro App iOS GPS sticker gone? 4 years 6 months ago #19

Thanks Reid. Yes I have those apps on my PC but my machine is filled to the brim and anytime I'm trying to bring a clip through the app, the program crashes. I need to do some cleanup... of get a new PC.
Anyhow, I kept the old GoPro App on my iPad so I'm set until GoPro provides an update and realizes that their new app makes it harder for anyone to extract an image with a sticker.

Anyone noticed GoPro App iOS GPS sticker gone? 4 years 6 months ago #20

• Bob M
  • Gale Force
Greg from Sheb. wrote:
Thanks Reid. Yes I have those apps on my PC but my machine is filled to the brim and anytime I'm trying to bring a clip through the app, the program crashes. I need to do some cleanup... of get a new PC.
Anyhow, I kept the old GoPro App on my iPad so I'm set until GoPro provides an update and realizes that their new app makes it harder for anyone to extract an image with a sticker.

Unfortunately the GoPro eats up huge amounts of disk space, I recommend going to Best Buy and getting a external 4 TB hard drive for under $100 Just something to think about.

Anyone noticed GoPro App iOS GPS sticker gone? 4 years 6 months ago #21

Bob M wrote:
Unfortunately the GoPro eats up huge amounts of disk space, I recommend going to Best Buy and getting a external 4 TB hard drive for under $100 Just something to think about.

Exactly, Bob! Fall clean-up on the way.
IMG_8709-2.jpg

Anyone noticed GoPro App iOS GPS sticker gone? 4 years 6 months ago #22

• Bob M
  • Gale Force
That’s what I’m talking about, I have two 8 TB hard drives just like that, I use one for storage and the other one for back up.

Anyone noticed GoPro App iOS GPS sticker gone? 4 years 6 months ago #23

Yep! That's that idea!
I use a small synchronizing freeware app called Synchredible to create a backup of my "master" drive. It's pretty handy tool as it mirrors incrementally whatever is new on the Master drive and not found on the copy yet. It can also delete automatically files and folders off of the copy if no longer present in the "master" (When I rename or move stuff around on the Master). This literally functions like a RAID 1 Mirroring array except that it doesn't do it automatically. The advantage of keeping the 2 drive separate and not in an array is that I can keep the copy in a separate location or in a safe in case of disaster, and still have the Master disk functional and hooked up to my PC for downloading stuff on it on-the-fly!

Anyone noticed GoPro App iOS GPS sticker gone? 4 years 6 months ago #24

• Bob M
  • Gale Force
That’s what I do but with a different program on my Mac. Works great!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.906 seconds