Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Anyone noticed GoPro App iOS GPS sticker gone?

Anyone noticed GoPro App iOS GPS sticker gone? 4 years 7 months ago #1

Has anyone recently experienced the GPS sticker overlay unavailable on the latest update of the GoPro App for iOS (IPhone,...)?
I have GoPro footage with GPS data but can't view through the App with GPS overlay like I used to. What's wrong with that? (See picture - App with no GPS sticker symbols)
Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

IMG_8620.png

Anyone noticed GoPro App iOS GPS sticker gone? 4 years 7 months ago #2

What's your GoPro App version? (Settings - About the GoPro App - Version)

And IOS version?

Anyone noticed GoPro App iOS GPS sticker gone? 4 years 7 months ago #3

GoPro App version

IOS version

Anyone noticed GoPro App iOS GPS sticker gone? 4 years 7 months ago #4

I had a similar issue where the Sticker gauge buttons were grayed out except for the GoPro logo overlay as if the app couldn't detect the GPS data that I knew was on the video. I just got the GoPro 6 Black and after doing a firmware upgrade from v1.51 to v02.01 everything worked.

Working setup:
GoPro 6 Black v02.01
GoPro app v6.1
iOS v12.4.1

Here's what it looks like.

Edit button (pencil icon) takes you to screen with Stickers button.
IMG_0014.png

Stickers button
IMG_0015.png

Speedometer overlay. Tap the button 1 to 4 times to move overlay to preferred corner. Tapped twice shown.
IMG_0017.png

Greg, you might try to reinstall the app. "Last resort: try to make a clean install BUT be aware that your videos in Quik for mobile will be deleted so make sure you save them to your camera roll first. ...Clean install can help, especially after an update." - GoPro. I'll keep searching.

Anyone noticed GoPro App iOS GPS sticker gone? 4 years 7 months ago #5

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Reid I get that issue a lot. I resolve it by going back and forth between the rest of the video clips and turning on the stickers. After a few attempts the stubborn clips turn on too usually. I haven’t had the issue that Greg described though.

Anyone noticed GoPro App iOS GPS sticker gone? 4 years 7 months ago #6

Thank you both.
The firmware is 2.01 so that should be OK.

I just updated the iOS to 13 and also re-installed the GoPro Apps. I haven't had time to connect the GoPro to see if the stickers came back tho.
I'll try tonight...
I have tones of footages from the past 2 months. Just waiting for winter to get through them! :lol:

Anyone noticed GoPro App iOS GPS sticker gone? 4 years 7 months ago #7

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Oh, my! I try to watch them in the next day or two after shooting them. I usually search for cool screenshots to post here while fast forwarding and then delete the footage. It’s so boring watching myself do the same over and over that if I let them collect over several sessions I’ll never get back to them. I don’t have a single video stored anywhere right now except the few I have on YouTube. If not for the fun speed thing that Sylvain started I would have probably stopped recording the moderate wind sessions by now.

Anyone noticed GoPro App iOS GPS sticker gone? 4 years 7 months ago #8

Greg, I also updated to iOS 13 and everything is still working.

Anyone noticed GoPro App iOS GPS sticker gone? 4 years 7 months ago #9

"We were unable to recreate your error" Greg, I was able to recreate your error. :lol:

The pic you posted is when you're remote viewing a vid in the GoPro Camera. You need to download the vid to the phone app....

It's very intuitive to click one of the thumb nails. Don't do it!. Click the check box first.
IMG_0019.png

Now you can select a thumb nail. And then click the download button that's magically appeared.
IMG_0020.png

Now she's downloading. Are we having fun yet? "View It" will magically appear after download.
IMG_0021.png

Where do all these downloaded vids that can now get tattooed hide? Right here.
IMG_0022.png

Anyone noticed GoPro App iOS GPS sticker gone? 4 years 7 months ago #10

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Uh oh, after the iOS update I have that same situation too. I didn’t have to download the clips to my phone in order to apply stickers but now that has changed and it sucks because it takes a long time to download. Big thank you to Reid for getting to the core of the problem!!

Anyone noticed GoPro App iOS GPS sticker gone? 4 years 7 months ago #11

Thanks a lot for trying to help. Unfortunately, DL the video/media on the iPhone didn't help: Still no access to stickers. I have an iPad that still has the older version of the GoPro app and no problem there. The same video is showing GPS data and stickers.

And to clear the mistery once and for all, I got an answer directly from GoPro:
Re: no GPS stickers when viewing footage after update GoPro App in iOS
"Sorry about that, we are currently working on improvements for the stickers.
You are trying on the same media for which on version 6.0 you had the GPS but on 6.1 you don't have it anymore. That's because between version we changed the threshold.
Team is working on this issue to try to find the right level."

Thank you GoPro for releasing a full beta update that looks like a "hurry-up" marketing job! :angry: (I have no evidence whatsoever but for some odd reasons, I had to latch on marketing folks a bit here! :blush: )

If you have a GoPro Hero 6 and care to view your GPS data, DO NOT UPDATE your iPhone/iPad to the latest version of the GoPro app (6.1) and stick to the old version until they produce an update that corrects the issue.

Anyone noticed GoPro App iOS GPS sticker gone? 4 years 7 months ago #12

Greg from Sheb. wrote:
Unfortunately, DL the video/media on the iPhone didn't help: Still no access to stickers.

Greg, tell me if this is what you're seeing. After opening the downloaded clip in the app's media bin (see sequence below). If not, please post screen grab.

Click app media bin icon.

IMG_0022_2019-10-14.png

App media bin of downloaded vids. Click thumb nail and open clip.

IMG_0028.png

Clip opened. Do your icons at the bottom look exactly like this?

IMG_0029.png
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds