Friday, May 03, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Rend Lake -- 6/27/2020

Rend Lake -- 6/27/2020 3 years 10 months ago #1

Went down to Rend Lake on Saturday. Stayed out of the rain that hit up north -- winds were on the lighter side but fun.

Charlie Venoski showed up and spoke to him. He is still hanging around the lake but didn't sail today. Good to meet him. Another windsurfer/kitesurfer was with him and I forgot his name. They told me about another launch on the north pool called Kite Beach. Not sure where this is -- anyone have a clue?

Patrick was there when I arrived. Patrick kites and he was on a 19.0 meter kite. He got the better earlier winds of the day.

I sailed about 5-minutes on the 7.7 and 110 liter -- good for one run, one tack, one jump.

Wind too light for the 110 so grabbed the 166 liter formula board with a 54 cm fin. Had a great time sailing for an hour on this combo to warm up. Went in to grab the camel back and cell phone for an upwind marathon sail. Then the winds petered off and took a break while a small bit of rain rolled thru. Hung at the beach for a while, rigged the 9.3 and got in another couple sessions on the formula 166 liter and 65 cm fin. Worked on getting this rig balanced out for the period. With formula it's like you can't get the harness lines too far back on the boom. Spent time getting this sorted out and playing with various settings on the adjustable outhaul. Wind never really came back in so the planned up wind run to the dam never became feasible. Good day at the lake, beach was in great shape. Cleaned up various things as usual to make it clear to launch for folks.

06-27-2020VariousboardssailsatRendLake.jpg

Rend Lake -- 6/27/2020 3 years 9 months ago #2

Dennis Koscielski wrote:
... They told me about another launch on the north pool... Not sure where this is -- anyone have a clue?

Launches Page: Rend's Northside Reef. Waist deep for quite a ways out off this point. Head up wind and speed sail the causeway with south winds.

Northside_Reef.png
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds