Saturday, May 18, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Ankle brace for windsurfing?

Ankle brace for windsurfing? 5 years 2 weeks ago #1

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
I’m getting close to being ready to go back out, been three months since ankle surgery. Looking for good ankle brace that won’t be hand to move around in and get into foot straps. Read one review that said Mcdavid has neoprene one that worked well but wasn’t specific on model number . Looking for advise.

Ankle brace for windsurfing? 5 years 2 weeks ago #2

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Duck tape. Lots of it. I’m not kidding!

Ankle brace for windsurfing? 5 years 2 weeks ago #3

My daughter is a physical therapist who would emphatically say ankle recovery is the critical issue, don't risk that recovery getting into and out of foot straps!

I remember reading comments from Nicholas Taleb on human assessment of risk and probability. He said in effect: Our minds are pretty good at figuring probabilities (whether or not something is likely to happen) but our spirits are pretty bad at dealing with risk (how bad it could be if the worst happened) because we tend to ignore low probability no matter how important the risk is. For example: the likelihood of serious injury while windsurfing is so low that many windsurfers don't wear any form of life preserver, but the worst that could happen while windsurfing is always death. When I get in a car I put on the seat belt & shoulder belt. When I windsurf I wear a life jacket.

So forget the low probability, consider the importance of what is being risked.

Ankle brace for windsurfing? 5 years 2 weeks ago #4

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Thanks, going to take it easy, plan on starting no foot straps, no jumping, just walking the board. I have plenty off duck tape as well.

Ankle brace for windsurfing? 5 years 2 weeks ago #5

I worn a Donjoy knee brace for about a year following a meniscus tear and multiple MCL injuries. This was more psychological than anything as it doesn’t provide much lateral or torsion support anyway (However it works well limiting knee extension during an ACL injury recovery).
No sure about ankle, but the duct tape sounds painful over hairy skin! :pinch: This will require a close shave. :lol:
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds