Friday, May 03, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: The right GoPro for the job...

The right GoPro for the job... 5 years 6 months ago #25

Capture GPS data on your camera

To use Gauges in Quik, you need to first capture GPS data when recording with your compatible GoPro. All of GoPro's Black edition cameras, starting with HERO5 Black, can record GPS data.

Activate GPS on your HERO5/6 Black:

Turn on your HERO5 or HERO6 Black.
From the main screen, swipe down.
Tap Preferences > GPS > On.
To exit, swipe down.

gopro.com/help/articles/Block/How-to-Use...-in-Quik-for-Desktop

gopro6_gps.jpg

I don't think 5 and 6 have the GPS path on a Google map like on the 7. (See photo above)

The right GoPro for the job... 5 years 5 months ago #26

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Any ideas on how to muffle /turn down/off the audio recording ? The creaking rig sounds are annoying.

The right GoPro for the job... 5 years 5 months ago #27

Ady wrote:
Any ideas on how to muffle /turn down/off the audio recording ? The creaking rig sounds are annoying.

Yeah, all the sound travels up the mast or boom. You could put a piece of rubber foam between the camera mount and the mast / boom to help dampen the creaking rig sounds.

Your editor software should let you turn off the camera sound track and only play your music track.

The right GoPro for the job... 5 years 5 months ago #28

Ady wrote:
349BA9F6-1811-4867-B6D7-C4AD8BD0C318.png

Ady, what function are you using the get the google map behind the tracking plot like in your pic above?

The right GoPro for the job... 5 years 5 months ago #29

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Only the phone app has that function. I believe it uses the map apps installed on the phone. So if I want the map to show I have to download the clip on my phone.

The right GoPro for the job... 5 years 5 months ago #30

Ah, OK, I was thinking this whole time you were showing a built in feature of HERO 7.

Maybe there's a software upgrade out there, or somebody made one, to do that on Mac / PC.

The right GoPro for the job... 5 years 5 months ago #31

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
41BC30AA-1A49-4972-ACA3-9828A8E99F7E.jpeg

Taken with my phone.

The right GoPro for the job... 5 years 5 months ago #32

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
I want a to put the GoPro on my head now :lol: Is this the best solution: Gath Gedi+ peak ?
gathsports.com/gath-sports-shop/gedi-peak-go-pro-ready/

30E85F11-64A0-478B-A71A-C956100191B2_2018-11-30.jpeg

The right GoPro for the job... 5 years 5 months ago #33

Ady, the Gath + visor mount might work great with a GoPro Session (smaller, lighter) but with a standard GoPro, having the mount this forward will have the tendency to put all the weight on the helmet edge which could have the tendency to make the helmet tilt forward. Probably not to the point it would roll over your eyes, but I would be concerned that the extra weight be noticeably annoying. A way to avoid this would be to use a small GoPro extension between the clip and the camera case to push the camera back away from the edge.
If you look at mine below, the mount is more central over the head in a more gravity-neutral position. Completely unnoticeable and well balanced. Gath also sells this GoPro mount kit ($25). That’s what I did with mine. The only scary part is that it is a DIY permanent install but it’s quit easy to do: They tell you exactly where to drill your newly-purchased helmet so the hardware is well tucked between the foam pad and never enters in contact with your skull! Honestly, this mount is foolproof.
gathsports.com/gath-sports-shop/go-pro-camera-mount/

5E17707D-7433-4977-8A4A-AD048F76E405.jpeg

See the small stainless steel fastener head between the inner pads. Well tucked.
C25356EF-438E-42F3-956C-F95CD29C3C79.jpeg

The right GoPro for the job... 5 years 5 months ago #34

Ady wrote:
I want a to put the GoPro on my head now :lol: Is this the best solution:

You can wear the Honeymoon Strap that comes with your GoPro.

gopro_adjustable_head_strap.jpg

The right GoPro for the job... 5 years 5 months ago #35

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Hm, I didn’t get no Honeymoon anything with my cam. No surprise :( Btw that thing looks like it just needs the right kind of a mast smack and I’ll get a cam attached permanently to my watermelon. Ady-the walking GoPro, wouldn’t that be something! I might just check some Wallmart for an inexpensive skateboard helmet.

The right GoPro for the job... 5 years 5 months ago #36

I used that strap many times in Hawaii. It never got lost. I do use the float.There's definitively some weight on your forehead and it bounces a little. Its is usable though.
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds