Friday, April 26, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Lesson learned

Lesson learned 7 years 5 months ago #1

• Manuel
  • Gale Force
Bought this used 2014 NP combat and as soon as I unpacked it I realize this sail was no EZZY sail. Looks fragile and low quality. Yesterday, my worst fears came through.
I lost my balance, sort of fall on top of the sail, and... well you can see the picture.
NP sails never again. The x plaid is a joke.
I had a EZZY wave 2002 for about 7 years, and with few catapults on it, and this never happened. I regret very much getting rid of that sail after buying this crab.
IMG_3044.jpg

Lesson learned 7 years 5 months ago #2

"For Sale: Neil Pryde Combat. Great visibility, almost new."

Lesson learned 7 years 5 months ago #3

• Mike
  • High Wind
Same thing happened to me with an ezzy cheetah 2015 demo sail that I bought used at season end. Slogging along and a big gust pulled me forward and whammo.

However, my 2006ish ezzy wave panther has seen MUCH worse and it's still one of my go-to sails.

I contacted the dealer. The dealer blamed me. Ezzy heard about it and tried to give me a coupon through the dealer to get a similar replacement, but the dealer was pretty reluctant to let me apply it to a wave sail, whih I thought would be more durable. For me, no more ezzy, although I love the feel.

Lesson learned 7 years 5 months ago #4

hey manuel-

I am all ezzy, for couple years now. I'm definately sold on their durability, a must if spending any time in the waves. Check out windance website in the gorge, they sell lots of ezzy in their 'used' listings, but many are not 'used' but actually are factory blemish and of recent years, so actually they are pristine. I have bought several of ezzy sail and mast from them, great discount from list prices. Inventory changes often, so keep on going back to them to see their updated inventory.

We had a great sesh at evanston yesterday, wind was 25-30kn and waves were bi. I was on my ezzy elite 5.0 and was overpowered 30% of the time. It was closed out for a good portion of the day, but there were some pockets and 4 of us were able to get out.

Lesson learned 7 years 5 months ago #5

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
This stuff gets more brittle in 40F weather.

Lesson learned 7 years 5 months ago #6

• Manuel
  • Gale Force
For many years I had the same 2 ezzy wave se, 4.7 and a 6.3, both from 2002 I think. The 6.3 was my work horse and never failed me. Finally, couple of years ago I replaced it with a 6.2 Naish Force (great sail) that I got for a good price, and also got a 6.9 Ezzy Chetah from 2012 which unfortunately, for my surprise, I teared, but not as a bad as the NP.
I think Ezzy wave sails are probably one of the strongest, if not the strongest, sails out there. I particularly like the very strong elastic plastic or whatever it is they use for the window.
Alan, I just bought a used 4.7 ezzy wave from windance. I've been buying stuff from them for few years now. Anyway, thank you for the tip. I think fixing the combat is not worthy.
Yesterday, I was on 63rd (where else) on the crappy combat 4.7. It was great until that crab happened. I was almost overpower, that's why I decided not to rig my next sail, a 5.6

Lesson learned 7 years 5 months ago #7

hey manuel- big sw tomorrow.... wolf lake calling :)
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds