Friday, May 03, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: SOLD: 8.5 Goya Mark II 2022-23 + 490 Ezzy Mast

SOLD: 8.5 Goya Mark II 2022-23 + 490 Ezzy Mast 5 months 2 weeks ago #1

SOLD: 8.5 Goya Mark II 2022-23 (2-cam Freerace) + 490 Ezzy Hookipa Mast
$500 (pick-up in Sheboygan)
For sale because I have another similar size sail (8.2 NP V8). I used the Mark II during summer of 2022 and spring of 2023 only - maybe 20-25 times total.

The sail is in good condition except for a couple of wear but doesn't affect performance (See pictures):
• Taped small split on the monofilm of the top panel (slightly bumped the leech in a tree trunk while carrying to the beach, duh!).
• Brocken bungee cord to cinch the sail while rolled up (Not an issue and use now the tack strap to cinch it down).

Rigs on 490cm RDM or SDM Mast/ 10cm Extension / short 220cm Boom / color Fushia/Fluo Yellow

Mark28.5.jpg

Mark2TappedLeech.jpg

Mark2TackStrap.jpg

See me riding this sail here:

LOWER PRICE $350: 8.5 Goya Mark II 2022-23 4 months 3 weeks ago #2

• KM
  • Storm Force
You might try Facebook marketplace for this one, I've had best luck on there for moving sailing and windsurfing gear.

How did you find this compared to the Lion's you used to use?

LOWER PRICE $350: 8.5 Goya Mark II 2022-23 4 months 3 weeks ago #3

Yes, thanks! Facebook is next! If I don’t sell it, I’ll use it as a spare.

The Mark2 has more top-end speed, feels tighter in hand and more responsive. I do prefer that sail in 7.2 size but that’s because I’m less and less loving to ride large sails (windfoiling in lightwind now). Anyhow, I think the Lion is a great freeride sail but if you want more race-like sensations and performance, the Mark2 is a better option.

Having said that, and after trying a bunch of recent 2-cam/3-cam freerace/freeride sails (from Severne, Simmer, Ezzy, Goya, Duotone) I think the very best performing sail accessible in the US is the Neilpryde V8. Why? Balanced, powerful, light: Never unwanted backhand pressure; perfectly balanced in the harness; instant, tight and direct power delivery; and fast upwind, reaching and downwind. The V8 is for me the sail that has it all and makes going to higher speed and freeriding fun the most rewarding. …That’s not gonna help me sell my Mark2, ha!
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds