Tuesday, May 07, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Wanted - 93-95 ltr late 90's bump and jump board

Wanted - 93-95 ltr late 90's bump and jump board 1 year 6 months ago #1

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
I am looking for an old time design (late 90's) board that is narrow a no nose type design. If you have one sitting around thinking nobody will want it you're wrong. I would like to check it out if your willing to part with it. I will give it a renewed life on the water:) .

Wanted - 93-95 ltr late 90's bump and jump board 1 year 6 months ago #2

Yeh, you know what they are good for. I got a SeaTrend Bump & Jump and a Wind & Surf custom from Florida. Late 80's models 8'6". And you can't have them. I am in Ca. now, moved from Spfld, IL in 98. You can come for a visit and try them if you want.

Wanted - 93-95 ltr late 90's bump and jump board 1 year 6 months ago #3

• marc
  • Fresh Breeze
I have a Bic in Michigan. I'll find the model and get bad to you

Wanted - 93-95 ltr late 90's bump and jump board 1 year 6 months ago #4

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Thanks John, not sure I will be out that way anytime soon but will keep that in mind :)

Wanted - 93-95 ltr late 90's bump and jump board 1 year 6 months ago #5

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Marc, I am curious to see what it looks like. All the BiCs I have seen have no rocker at all.

Wanted - 93-95 ltr late 90's bump and jump board 1 year 6 months ago #6

John Proper - were you at the 1980 Midwest Region Windsurfer Championships up in Michigan? It was at the State Park at the east end of Little Traverse Bay..

Andrew

Wanted - 93-95 ltr late 90's bump and jump board 1 year 6 months ago #7

I have a 1996 F2 Axxis 268 (89 liters) and a 1997 F2 Wave 254 ((84 liters) but I’m 2+ hours east of the Illinois line…

Very much no-nose boards!

Andrew

Wanted - 93-95 ltr late 90's bump and jump board 1 year 6 months ago #8

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
That’s cool guys I like to see them old time boards, check out what was given to me this morning by an old friend and mentor John! 95 ltr JP xcite

8D34BB21-E5FA-474C-AEC3-0C60DB2B0F76.jpeg

D3B91392-4422-4629-A1E7-4D5939BA3ECD.jpeg

Wanted - 93-95 ltr late 90's bump and jump board 1 year 6 months ago #9

Hi Andrew, I'm an old guy having a memory loss. I remember racing at two regattas in Michigan in the 80's but not the exact years. I think around 82 / 83 my wife Gail and I were at one at Little Traverse Bay. There was a guy there, Mark Robinson I think, from Florida with a powered ultralight / hang glider. He was an instructor certification coach for Windsurfing International. The other regatta was a Mistral regional somewhere around Grand Haven.
This is fun trying to pull these memories out of the past. What makes you think you know me?
John

Wanted - 93-95 ltr late 90's bump and jump board 1 year 6 months ago #10

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Great day, I am so glad I posted yesterday and John McKey was so generous to give me what probably is the best gift I have ever received. That board is great and loves to launch into the air! I am still interested to see all the boards people have that fit this profile and if they still ride them. I sailed the board with a 5.2 and a 4.7 today and it performed great, had some issues with it at first because I had the base to far forward in the mast track but once that was adjusted I was able to duck jibe and gain control more easily in the air to keep it under me. It carves very nicely, I felt like I was slalom water skiing when you carve on the outside at times. The pads on the deck are great for when you need grip to manipulate the board when you are out of the foot straps. All around perfect board for me.93-95 is the lowest I suggest most people have if you are primarily lake windsurfing.

Wanted - 93-95 ltr late 90's bump and jump board 1 year 6 months ago #11

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
John Mckey sailing it ~11 years ago.

1B4BDA0F-8F04-4113-8ABA-EE63DC6F3CB7.jpeg

Wanted - 93-95 ltr late 90's bump and jump board 1 year 6 months ago #12

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
I put another thread out on our Lake Michigan Windsurfers to see how many people sail under a 95 liter board on the big lake, I'm thinking if I'm doing that it is cranking and I'm on an old time gunny no nose-esque board with a bigger than typical sail but I haven't done that. I won't go below a 95 liter on lake Michigan so far, really no need, I can sail a 93-95 in 35mph+ wind. However, the 85 on a smaller less life or death lake is fun and you just rig a size larger than typically and expect to do a little slogging and perhaps swimming at times. WHo gives a fuck :woohoo:

1board_2022-10-26-3.jpg

2board_2022-10-26-3.jpg
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds