Wednesday, May 08, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Waterproof Cameras and Mounts for Windsurfing

Waterproof Cameras and Mounts for Windsurfing 3 years 8 months ago #1

• Dee
  • Fresh Breeze
What are your favorite Waterproof Cameras and Mounts for Windsurfing?

Waterproof Cameras and Mounts for Windsurfing 3 years 8 months ago #2

• marc
  • Fresh Breeze
There was a great extensive post on that recently.

windsurfillinois.com/index.php/forum/win...attachments-for-boom

Waterproof Cameras and Mounts for Windsurfing 3 years 8 months ago #3

Lots of good info in this thread too.

The right GoPro for the Job
windsurfillinois.com/index.php/forum/win...ht-gopro-for-the-job

I've since upgraded to the GoPro 6 Black for the GPS from the GoPro 4 Silver. GPS starts at GoPro 5
gopro_6.jpg

I use the Gopro Super Suit - Compatibility: HERO7 Black, HERO6 Black, HERO5 Black, HERO (2018). For protection from scratches from debris/sand and not having to clean the GoPro after seshes. GoPros are waterproof from GoPro 6 and above.
gopro_Super_Suit_2020-09-04.jpg

I use the Flymount for mast and boom mount.
flymounnt_2020-09-04.png

Waterproof Cameras and Mounts for Windsurfing 3 years 8 months ago #4

Videos I have posted on this site this year have used GoPro 8, distinguished from GoPro 7 for having souped up image stabilization and integrated mounts (versus having an external frame with the mounts). The image stabilization is indeed amazing, and I have not even used the more stabilized "boost" setting, so the 7 might also be amazing. Opinions are mixed on other changes from the GoPro 7(which I have no experience with). The 7 had a removable external lens cover, which many liked as extra insurance against damage. Others liked the external frame for some flexibility with other accessories and thought the integrated mounts on the 8 might be a fragile point. The 8 has other tweaks in the menu settings for video settings, a "time-warp" setting for time-lapse videos on the go, and other issues I have no opinion on. I am happy with the GoPro 8, but it is an established high end camera that better satisfy users for the money.

Waterproof Cameras and Mounts for Windsurfing 3 years 8 months ago #5

The 360 cameras also look pretty cool for capturing footage if you have time and processing power to go through the footage easily. GoPro Max seems to be the winner in this category for watersports needs. I have a couple friends with the Insta360 One R Twin Edition (what a name), and both had their cameras fail after a few uses. The modular design of this camera makes it unsuitable to capturing windsurfing despite its claims of waterproofness.
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds