Sunday, April 28, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Evanston Swap Meet Tomorrow

Evanston Swap Meet Tomorrow 4 years 11 months ago #1

• Chris
  • Gale Force
Swap Meet Reminder - Sunday, May 19th 10 - 2 pm-ish @ Dawes Park (just north of Greenwood along the lakefront). All things watersports: windsurf, kitesurf, SUP, and more....

For directions, just put in "Greenwood Street Beach" on Google Maps. And it looks like we may have some wind, so come sail with us!

n.b. the Dempster Street launch officially opens today, so if you do sail and don't have a season launch pass, you probably want to avoid parking in the rigging area. Recommend dropping stuff off in/near the rigging area and parking just a 1/4 block away.

Evanston Swap Meet Tomorrow 4 years 11 months ago #2

Chris, do you think Evanston is a good place to launch in a SW day? If it does, I might drive down. Not much to sell or buy but would be happy to sail with other chicago windsurfers.

Evanston Swap Meet Tomorrow 4 years 11 months ago #3

• Manuel
  • Gale Force
Hi Chris,
Hope to see you tomorrow. Maybe we get to windsurf if the wind stays south. It will be my first time in Evanston.
Cheers,
Manuel

Evanston Swap Meet Tomorrow 4 years 11 months ago #4

• Chris
  • Gale Force
Hi Greg,
SW can be a little tricky getting out and coming back in (for about 50-70 yards or so). It's generally recommended to go with a board that provides a little more float, if you don't want to swim it out or back in. The more S, the better. Also, SW and S winds can get pretty gusty, so just be prepared for that as well.

Maybe we'll see you tomorrow!

Evanston Swap Meet Tomorrow 4 years 11 months ago #5

• Chris
  • Gale Force
Manuel!

Hope all is well. It's been a while! I can only imagine how big Antonio is now! And, Yes, yes, let's hope it stays South!

Hasta pronto, hermano.

Chris

Evanston Swap Meet Tomorrow 4 years 11 months ago #6

A better launch site than Greenwood for S and SW is Lee beach, the next beach S. Closer to the wind line, no life guards yet, OK to launch and sail there.

Evanston Swap Meet Tomorrow 4 years 11 months ago #7

On my way! Will be there by 11am.

Evanston Swap Meet Tomorrow 4 years 11 months ago #8

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force

Don’t cry for me...Evanston, cause I’m working today :( For those interested my merchandise is available here:
windsurfillinois.com/index.php/forum/win...urfing-gear-for-sale

and here:
chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/spo/d/woodrid...uced/6874478493.html

Evanston Swap Meet Tomorrow 4 years 11 months ago #9

I did the trip down to Evanston. The sailing was a bit weird with a slightly off-shore SW wind that required to schlogg a bit to find the wind line. Then it was chaos with nasty gusts punctuated with almost complete calms. That wasn't a brilliant session but I got 25 minutes of fun and 35 minutes of pain (severely overpowered...). Then a storm cloud dumped a deluge and the wind shifted to W and it was over. Sailing with the Chicago skyline down south in the distance is really cool and a bit surreal.
It was really nice to meet and chat with Chris, David, Manuel and a few others I don't remember the name. :unsure: The launch is very nice. I'll come back someday!

Evanston Swap Meet Tomorrow 4 years 11 months ago #10

• Chris
  • Gale Force
Good to sail with you, Greg. Here's some proof that you came, saw, and conquered what was a bona fide "survival sail." Let us know when you'll be down next!
IMG_8054.jpg

Tomorrow looking good for some wave windsupping.

C.
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds