Monday, April 29, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: News: Sheboygan Kite Beach major transformation

News: Sheboygan Kite Beach major transformation 2 months 1 week ago #1

For those familiar with Sheboygan Kite Beach (named like that on Google map), you will notice that we've been enjoying rigging and launching from a large grassy empty lot right on the beach. This lot has been for sale for many-many years. Looks like it is now going to be developed with more than 200 appartements over 4 story tall buildings that will leave no grassy room for anyone to rig and no parking space either. It is especially sad for the local kiteboarders that like the extra space to park and launch kites (didn't require to drift-launch). The project will start this spring and will have ongoing construction in phases over many years.

For windsurfing, it won't matter much as a couple of hundred yards down south on that beach, there's enough room to park, rig and launch. However, that spot was a nice social place for all wind sport lover to gather, chat and grill! This will impact our little beach life unfortunately.

On a side note, the Sheboygan Press article, that explains the details of that real estate development, features a picture of me ridding last July. Of course, I wasn't aware of that pic, but I found it rather ironic that the publication on the project features my face while it is likely going to impact my kiteboarder friends far more than my windsurfing activity!

Link here: Sheboygan Press - Kite Beach Development

072523_SHE_Catching_the_Summer_wind_gck-03.jpg

News: Sheboygan Kite Beach major transformation 2 months 1 week ago #2

• Guille
  • Strong Breeze
That Goya sail makes you look handsome.

btw finally i got my screenname and password back.

News: Sheboygan Kite Beach major transformation 2 months 1 week ago #3

Guille wrote:
That Goya sail makes you look handsome.

Ha! Thanks! ...A bit flashy and well in the 80s trends, just as I like it!

News: Sheboygan Kite Beach major transformation 2 months 1 week ago #4

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Well, you certainly have become a legend. You are the only active windsurfer left in Sheboygan, are you not?!

News: Sheboygan Kite Beach major transformation 2 months 1 week ago #5

Ady wrote:
Well, you certainly have become a legend. You are the only active windsurfer left in Sheboygan, are you not?!

Haha! "Legend"! I like that! :lol:
There are still a couple of resident windsurfers around ridding longboards (displacement) maybe 2 or 3 times a year. On good NE days, Jake from Milwaukee, Jon from Madison (Isthmus Sailboard) and Billy from Appleton will show-up, plus a couple more occasional windsurfers that live within 50 miles around. But I rid alone or with kiteboarders 99% of the time indeed! :(

News: Sheboygan Kite Beach major transformation 2 months 6 days ago #6

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
In my mind you are a legend, I will always tell the story of the incredible windsurfing guy that fixed my board!

News: Sheboygan Kite Beach major transformation 2 months 3 days ago #7

Chris wrote:
In my mind you are a legend, I will always tell the story of the incredible windsurfing guy that fixed my board!

Thanks Chris. Very kind of you. I hope I'll be able to join you guys in Souther Illinois for a few nice sessions!
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds