Sunday, April 28, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: 6/16 SE 15-23 Sheboygan

6/16 SE 15-23 Sheboygan 2 years 10 months ago #1

If anyone is interested in giving the turquoise tropical waters of Sheboygan a try, tomorrow Thursday 17 might be the day. The forecast seems pretty unanimous for a pleasant medium to large rig day with a moderate 15-23kn SE side-shore wind. This is the usual summer Sheboygan thermals kicking by midday if the clouds stay out of the equation (cloud cover will kill thermal here).

I will be here parking and launching by Broadway avenue's dead-end, near King Park on South Beach. Grass rigging and white sanding beach 75 yards away from the car make for an easy launch! I don't recommend the launch at "Kite Beach" 300 yards more north as emerging old concrete slabs and other rubbles are making the launch perilous. Also, the further south you go on that beach during SE, the stronger the wind will be (local "venturi" effect maybe?).

Anyhow, hope the forecast will hold.

IMG_1719_2021-06-16.png

IMG_E1720.jpg

IMG_E1722.jpg

IMG_E1721.jpg

GH013217_Moment2.jpg

GH013217_Moment.jpg

ShebBroadwaylaunch.jpg

6/16 SE 15-23 Sheboygan 2 years 10 months ago #2

Also, my local kiteboarding friends are organizing a Kite Demo on Kite Beach. This should be fun to watch and mingle with.
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10165872...0381930630160&type=3
Anyhow, if anyone joins the fun here, bring your fastest gear and let's have a race! ;)

6/16 SE 15-23 Sheboygan 2 years 10 months ago #3

Great day in Sheboygan that delivered a few hours of good SE windsurfing. Nothing extraordinary but a fun day of speeding and jibing in the chop on a sunny and warm weekday. What else to ask for? Towards the end of the day, the thermal got a boost from a frontal boundary that brought a few storms in the evening. I probably got my most fluid port tack jibe to date! Lots of kites on the water - more than a dozen - and North who just launched a new collection of kites were demoing their new gear with free beer and burgers cooked on the beach over coals - nice!
Lots of good vibes. Too bad there was only me as a windsurfer, though, I get the privilege to be the oddity around. I'm still surprised when beachgoers in their 40s are still asking me what the name of the sport is? Was windsurfing this unusual in the Midwest in the 90s?

61721graph.jpg
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds