Saturday, May 18, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Friday 7/20/18

Friday 7/20/18 5 years 9 months ago #1

NOAA: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 81. West wind 10 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph

Clinton_7_20_2018.png

7_20_2018_5.jpg

30.forecast_2018-07-19.gif

7_20_2018_evening.jpg

Looks like a good afternoon for Purgatory. Wind turning from WSW to WNW in the 5.8 range. Rain should pass and wind shift to the WNW around 2:00 pm(as of right now) We may need to swim across the cove and walk up the north side of the cove to catch a puff to the wind-line. Who's with me?

Friday 7/20/18 5 years 9 months ago #2

• Sylvain
  • Storm Force
I can’t friday. But watching Saturday weather

Friday 7/20/18 5 years 9 months ago #3

Thinking that I can make it out. Maybe for a couple hours anyway.

Friday 7/20/18 5 years 9 months ago #4

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
I'm locked and loaded, i will probably get down there around 12:30.

Friday 7/20/18 5 years 9 months ago #5

Update: Huge downgrade over the lake. Map's got holes in it. Those holes are rain. See what develops around 1:00 pm.

7_20_2018_5_update.jpg

30.forecast_2018-07-20.gif

Friday 7/20/18 5 years 9 months ago #6

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
It looks like it may be better at Lake Shelbyville. My plan was to sail clinton then head down to my house boat at lake Shelbyville. If its not good at Clinton then I will just go down and see if I can get some rides on Lake Shelbyville. Rich, Reid, whomever, you are welcome to join me. I am also bringing my Waverunner and a surfboard to see if I can surf behind the waverunner if you want to give it a try. If the wind doest cooperate we can alway try the surfing and have some drinks at the dock.

Friday 7/20/18 5 years 9 months ago #7

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Oh, my House Boat is at Sullivan Marina 925 IL-32 Sullivan IL slip H5. I'm thinking BO wood may be where I launch but not sure, I will go there first and if not good for the wind direction I will look for another spot.

Friday 7/20/18 5 years 9 months ago #8

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force

According the Weather Channel you should be fine today In the rain department. Looks like a good day down there. What tomorrow is going to look like is what troubles me. I’m hell bent on sailing Saturday and the question is where!?

Friday 7/20/18 5 years 9 months ago #9

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Looks like Saturday the Big lake is going to have the wind, Clinton doesnt look good at all.

Friday 7/20/18 5 years 9 months ago #10

Raining in Bloomington right now. Line of rain from Bloomington to Lincoln heading toward the lake. See what happens when this passes through. Wind turned W everywhere.

Friday 7/20/18 5 years 9 months ago #11

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Chris wrote:
Looks like Saturday the Big lake is going to have the wind, Clinton doesnt look good at all.
Very conflicting forecasts , especially the rain. Much higher chance of raining up here though. With this kind of unstable weather, the forecast can change a lot. I’ll keep looking at it, I may have to decide in the last moment.
The battens arrived, my sails are fixed, can’t wait to hit the water again.

Friday 7/20/18 5 years 9 months ago #12

I don't know, boys. That base dropping to 13 at Bloomington is giving me pause. The hole that SailFlow forecast is coming to fruition.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds