Friday, April 26, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Sunday 4/27/2014

Sunday 4/27/2014 10 years 5 hours ago #1

NOAA: Southeast wind increasing to 23 to 28 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 36 mph. A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74.

noaa_4_27_2014.png

SailFlow
mapperv24.jpg

30.forecast_2014-04-26.gif

Sunday 4/27/2014 9 years 11 months ago #2

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Nice, see you at the West side access. All, come on down the water is warm!

Sunday 4/27/2014 9 years 11 months ago #3

• Tomasz
  • Fresh Breeze
Hi, did you go out today? Was it good? And warm?
Can you let me know whhere the best launch spot on Clinton Lake is? Thanks

Sunday 4/27/2014 9 years 11 months ago #4

Hey, Tomasz. I had fun today. Others will have to weigh in if they had fun too. As far as best launch spot goes - ask five people, get five different answers. Water temp at the West Side is 61 degrees. Bridge 48 is 71 degrees. Shot some pics of the Chi Crew night wind-skating with U of I Assembly Hal in the background the night before. Chris and I got to the lake around 9:30. Sorry I didn't drive over to have breakfast with you guys, but The West Side was calling my name. Chris rigged 4.8 I rigged 4.7. The wind was coming all the way from the main pool into the dam pool right down the pipe. I have been dreaming about this east for Clinton for a long time. We got a small taste. We headed up wind to where the dam pool meets the main pool. Beautiful swell building the 2 mile fetch in the deeper water of the dam pool. Steep clean waves thigh high. But by 11:00 the wind started to back off fast . And by 11:30 it backed off to something that starts with a 6. Chi Crew hit the water by 12:00 and was ripping it up. Great seeing all you guys.

8 of today's 24 photos. Link for all of today's photos at bottom of post.

West_Side_4_27_2014024.jpg

West_Side_4_27_2014034.jpg

West_Side_4_27_2014057.jpg

* MORE PHOTOS *

Sunday 4/27/2014 9 years 11 months ago #5

• matthieu
  • Fresh Breeze
Cool pics Reid! As always.
It was definitely a promising session but unfortunately the T storms decided otherwise. Super gusty when we were out (from subplaning conditions to overpowered on the same run). Looks like early morning was the best call.
Anyway it was a nice to see you and meet Chris.
Next time it will be on the Big Lake!!

Sunday 4/27/2014 9 years 11 months ago #6

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Was glad you guys made it down. Too bad we didn't get the wind prior to the storms. Was one of those days where you have to get out early. Looking forward to comming up and sailing. Did anyone make it out yesterday on Michigan?
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds