Wednesday, May 01, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Nice rare SE day at Greenwood

Nice rare SE day at Greenwood 4 years 8 months ago #1

It was expected to be lousy rainy weather, but there was supposed to be a couple hour window dry or sprinkles, so went out to Greenwood at 11 am, where a SE is perfectly side shore, but is blocked upwind at the beach, you can't feel anything until you step in the water. Turned out to be a solid steady 6.5 wind from then until at least 4 pm, big rolling swell and chop on the lake but very easy and relaxing to navigate, warmest water of the season, but a little chill due to cooler air temp and some rain. A few showers did not diminish the wind at all. A good time had by 5 sailors.

Nice rare SE day at Greenwood 4 years 8 months ago #2

That’s awesome David. Glad it turned out great. Any pictures to share with us?
In Sheboygan it was blowing quite nicely too but the wind was a bit more east than I wanted. This made for a pretty interesting shore break. The rain plus work got in the way to make this a day on the water for me. Looks like the week has more good days in store!

Nice rare SE day at Greenwood 4 years 8 months ago #3

• Chris
  • Gale Force
I don't have any pics, but just wanted to second David's post here. Great day, even with some serious periods of rain. And, in fact, it has been a good last 5 days for either windsurfing or windSUPing waves. I think that the waves may be breaking just a little better with each passing day as more water evaporates and as the water level continues to subside. It will be interesting to see what it looks like in a month or two from now.
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds