Monday, April 29, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Where do we sail this Wednesday and/or Thursday

Where do we sail this Wednesday and/or Thursday 5 years 6 months ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Any ideas? Wednesday has some potential, but with thunderstorms around it could go either way, very questionable. Thursday on the other hand looks good! The dilemma will be -Michigan City or Fond Du Lack? The wind up in WI looks stronger.

Where do we sail this Wednesday and/or Thursday 5 years 6 months ago #2

Michigan City could be decent on Thursday, just depends on the actual wind direction.
Some forecasts have it directly onshore at MC, which is brutal. Gear carnage!
Not looking forward to the temps tho...
Drew

Where do we sail this Wednesday and/or Thursday 5 years 6 months ago #3

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Yeah, looks like THE place for Thursday.I was considering going to Winnebago, but Greg pointed out to me that the temperature will be in the low 40 at best and cloudy so this is now out of question. I’m trying to convince my friend Roman to come to MC as well, so if nothing changes that’s where we’re going.
My favorite picture-Michigan City beach around this time last year. Me, Mike and Alan-from left to right :)
1AB97B5D-8FE3-4AEC-96F1-912F7E4F5439.jpeg

Where do we sail this Wednesday and/or Thursday 5 years 6 months ago #4

Not having any direct experience there with this direction, but shouldn't a direct W wind or even with a touch N be exactly side shore at Miller Beach/Marquette Park? Shorter distance from Chicago too. However, the last time I checked it out a month ago, they've blocked off the lot close to the beach, and maybe 50 yds to carry kit to water.

Where do we sail this Wednesday and/or Thursday 5 years 6 months ago #5

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
It shows better wind at MC for now. And besides everything about it is better then Gary. I live in Woodridge so it’s a bit closer to me compared to you guys.

Where do we sail this Wednesday and/or Thursday 5 years 6 months ago #6

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Looks like Wolf is going to be good too. Hm, now I have a dilemma!

Where do we sail this Wednesday and/or Thursday 5 years 6 months ago #7

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Ha, we can’t decide on where to go. 4 people, 4 opinions-now Lake Geneva and Lake Winnebago are also on the table! I hope the morning is wiser then the evening-like the saying goes.

Where do we sail this Wednesday and/or Thursday 5 years 6 months ago #8

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Off to MC. Kind a late, but it was difficult to leave a warm, cozy home :(

Where do we sail this Wednesday and/or Thursday 5 years 6 months ago #9

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
B6F3FABA-DD74-453D-8F82-5716752E9CE3.jpeg

GX010008_Moment2.jpg

I sucked today at MC. the sensor showed 25-35 mph and it looked like that, but when I launched the 94/4.6 I couldn't plane at all. Switched to 5.2 and it was only slightly better. Its difficult on the big lake with all this chop and swell. I was the only windsurfer there, I guess for a reason. Probably I should have gone to lake Geneva or Clinton.

Where do we sail this Wednesday and/or Thursday 5 years 6 months ago #10

Way to go, Ady. Where were you guys? You left Ady hanging. :P

You fired up the GoPro. Nice pic!

you_never_leave_a_man_behind.gif

Where do we sail this Wednesday and/or Thursday 5 years 6 months ago #11

Not having sailed at MC ever, I was curious about the correlation between the sensor reading and actual sailing since the sensor is 65 ft above the water, now I know it reads high just like Chicago crib which is 75 ft high. I could see pictures on the NOAA web site and it didn't look that windy, no waves crashing against the concrete barrier, and the outward picture didn't show any white caps. At crib, readings are way too high on S and SW directions, a bit more accurate but still high on N NE. Anybody have other experience with how to judge MC sensor?

Where do we sail this Wednesday and/or Thursday 5 years 6 months ago #12

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Definitely those sensors are too high. The kiters were doing ok and I should have rigged the 5.7, single fin and go chase the horizon like sane people do. I didn’t want to look like an idiot rigging 3 times though :blush: This underpowered wave riding thing is clearly not working well, most of the time it turns to an epic struggle to stay upwind, it ruins the fun.
What app/program do you use to take screenshots from the Gopro vids, the windows 10 built in is doing weird things.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds