Monday, April 29, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: NNW for Tue 08.21

NNW for Tue 08.21 5 years 8 months ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
I’m going to launch at the Wall probably. Gotta work on those 360s. The season will be over soon and I’m still nowhere close at doing them.

NNW for Tue 08.21 5 years 8 months ago #2

Perfect combination of wind speed, direction, and water temp at Greenwood, best I can remember for a long time. After rain passed about 1030, solid 5.0 conditions for several hours, shorebreak becoming a problem later on with light wind on the beach, nasty downwind current too. Good to see many friends out too.

NNW for Tue 08.21 5 years 8 months ago #3

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
A0B4B389-C25A-48CE-91DE-3B76B302F74F.jpeg

Same thing at the Wall-5.0 was probably best. I launched around 1 pm with a 4.6 but then the wind dropped a bit so I switched to 5.2, the whole time on my 94L Kode. It was Andy, Bartek, Roman and me at first , Mike and Brian have launched from the boat ramps and made their way upwind to the Wall at some point later.
I dedicated a lot of time attempting DW 360s, but couldn’t finish a single one. As usual the move is way more difficult then it looks. Even Andy who can do a flawless Donkey Jibes, can’t do the 360 at 100%. I’m glad he was present and I could observe what’s he doing and he gave me a few tips after we came in also. Now I can try a different approach since mine is clearly not working. Another hurdle is definitely the low volume of my board.
We sailed till 5 pm when it dropped significantly.
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds