Tuesday, May 07, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Friday 6/1

Friday 6/1 5 years 11 months ago #1

• Gerry
  • High Wind
Looks promising! iWindsurf has it going off around noon.

..SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE FRIDAY NIGHT...
Tonight
West winds 10 to 20 kt becoming variable 5 to 10 kt in the evening, then increasing to north winds 15 to 25 kt late. partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less, increasing to 1 to 3 ft late.
Friday
North winds 15 to 25 kt. Mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming mostly sunny. Waves 3 to 6 ft occasionally to 8 ft building to 4 to 7 ft occasionally to 9 ft in the afternoon.

Friday 6/1 5 years 11 months ago #2

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Agree, it could be fun. Where are you sailing Gerry? Out of Sherwin?

Friday 6/1 5 years 11 months ago #3

• Gerry
  • High Wind
Yes, out of Sherwin. Planning to go out while the waves are still building, probably right after lunch.

My neighbor across the street has to work all day, he is planning to go in the evening when waves are supposed to be biggest. Since he will not be home I may not have access to their launch, and our beach is not usable when the shorebreak gets too big. But I would probably go early regardless, my smallest board is 98L and I don't have the waveriding skills to enjoy the really big stuff.

In fact I would like to sail with someone who knows their way around at the wall when it's really big on the open water, I went there once (by myself) an had a hell of a time getting my gear out!! Maybe we can meet there sometime this season.

Friday 6/1 5 years 11 months ago #4

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Sure, this can be arranged as soon as tomorrow if I decide to go sailing. Climbing out of that place is never easy, but I’ll be glad to show you the tricks.PM me your cell number if you want and I’ll let you know in the morning.

Friday 6/1 5 years 11 months ago #5

• Gerry
  • High Wind
Already over 20 knots with temps in the 50s. Sending PM, maybe a good day for the wall!?

Friday 6/1 5 years 11 months ago #6

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Yeah, looks good for the Wall. I texted you. See you later.

Friday 6/1 5 years 11 months ago #7

• Gerry
  • High Wind
Hope you guys had fun at the wall! After forgetting my boom (doh!) I headed home to Rogers Park and by that time there were several people out at Greenwood so I headed up there. Lots of great sailors shredding it, one guy was looping and making the jibes look so easy!!

I was on a 5.0 and got tired after about an hour but it all worked out. I really need more experience in the waves, the shorebreak wasn't too bad so it turned out to be a good confidence builder.

Looks like we may get something on Sunday, fingers crossed!!

Friday 6/1 5 years 11 months ago #8

Way to go, Gerry! Keep the reports coming.

Wilmette Buoy
Wilmette_Buoy_6_1_2018.png

Harrison-Dever Crib
Harrison-DeverCrib_6_1_2018.png

Friday 6/1 5 years 11 months ago #9

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
That was a fun session. 5.2/94 all the way , comfortably powered most of the time. I think I was able to push the Downwind 360 progression a little farther, started to do the step across at least and discovered that a narrow hand spread is necessary fir a good lay down.

Friday 6/1 5 years 11 months ago #10

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Interesting, I realised yesterday that the only people sailing this location are East Europeans. No exception this time either-one Bulgarian and 4 Poles . What a party in the middle of USA!
3AA74297-BFB7-4D4E-BD13-7DBAF678C3DC.jpeg
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds