Tuesday, May 07, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: SW for 03.14

SW for 03.14 6 years 1 month ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Mmmm finally! Doing nice powered runs on Wolf with winds currently at 15-26 mph. Nothing fancy just sweet blasting/gybing on the 110/7.5 combo /don’t wanna splash too much in 38F water/. The bright sun makes it feel a lot warmer.
Done with the break, going back out.

SW for 03.14 6 years 1 month ago #2

• Chris
  • Gale Force
Ady, are you wearing gloves? That's the deciding factor for me. I hate wearing them when windsurfing because of forearm fatigue. We've been SUPsurfing up at Greenwood in the meantime, and paddling with gloves is not a problem. Today was really nice and tomorrow should be primo as well, if you'd like to come join.

SW for 03.14 6 years 1 month ago #3

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Thanks for the invitation Chris, but I can’t. To answer your question-I use open palm mittens. They have several advantages over other types of hand protection. They don’t cramp your arms because you feel the boom obviously and they keep your fingers together so they warm each other to some extent. The same reason I prefer round toe booties before split toe. Some other benefits are the easy on and off and the possibility to blow your breath on your hands even while sailing /one handed sailing practice by itself ;). /
The todays picture-after 3 hours I was done completely exhausted -the 7.5 was a handful at some point, but I didn’t feel like changing down and being overpowered gave me a good opportunity to practice the slalom gybes I started to get the heck of.
95FB33E5-83F2-4B76-B1C3-4C307493452B.jpeg

7A60956B-A1C8-426A-BBA1-B2B74F3D73BA.jpeg

SW for 03.14 6 years 1 month ago #4

Chris, I used to feel the same. These: www.inlandsea.com/p-1762-NP-Surf-5mm-Lob...M8CW2sxoCUyEQAvD_BwE

changed everything. I can sail for HOURS w/o my arms getting tired or my hands getting cold. Best gloves ever.
Time to create page: 0.355 seconds