Friday, April 26, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: SW today

SW today 7 years 5 months ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Wolf Lake herre I come with my colorful bonbon .
IMG_1714.jpg

SW today 7 years 5 months ago #2

Bonbon my ass: you sailin' candy corn.

SW today 7 years 5 months ago #3

Sweet!

SW today 7 years 5 months ago #4

Ady wrote:
Wolf Lake herre I come with my colorful bonbon .
IMG_1714.jpg

How was it? Looks awesome.

SW today 7 years 5 months ago #5

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Reid Fillman wrote:
How was it? Looks awesome.
SMOOTH! That's the first word that comes to my mind. It is the technora /whatever that is/ construction and has slight double concaves underneath , add to that the double foot pad cushioning and this is the smoothest riding board I ever had! As for dimensions it feels as compact as my 86-same lenght, just 2.5 cm wider at the widest point but the tail is slimmer and narrower,seems like all of the 8 additional liters are put around the middle. It has a decent weight , satisfactory early planing and holds speed in the gybe without being stupidly fast like the 86.
The wind was gusty as usual on Wolf-15 to 30mph at times with long lulls in between, so at times I wished I had an 103L under my feet. I had my 5.7 sail and definitely I wouldn't use any bigger sail on this board. On the other hand I was really glad yesterday at Calumet that it isnt 103L. The chop was terrible-a constant washing mashine that wasnt any fun and even in that mess the board was absorbing the constant impacts nicely. Tried it in 3 fin mod on Wolf and I think its speed decreased significantly, so it will be just fine with a 4.7 and maybe even with a 4.2, but that's a wild guess at this point. In conclusion I'm very happy with this board and looking forward to many fun sessions on it!
As I already mentioned it was really bad at Calumet yesterday with a 5.2 kind of wind and this will be the last time I sail there in anything stronger then 6.5. On my way home I went to Rainbow to check the conditions and it looked very promising with big smooth waves rolling in and a very sheltered launch from the right corner /short walk from the parking lot/ that positions you across the wind and behind the shore break . I'll start exploring this beach very seriously now that I have a good board for 5.7.
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds