Saturday, April 20, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: NE for Thu

NE for Thu 7 years 6 months ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
If rain dont spoil it! Otherwise choices, choices ...The Wall if its not enough for my 86 or the chop at Calumet park or waves at Rainbow if its strong enough. I need to work on jumping and cant decide where would be better to practice - chop or waves?
And just cant keep myself from bragging about : I have a brand new Revo 5.7!!! Yesterday was its maiden session at Wolf :) Iwas even able to wash off the dust from the 86! But mostly sailed the 110 and this sail felt fine on both boards unlike the 5.8 Ka Kult it is replacing.
image_2016-09-28.jpeg

NE for Thu 7 years 6 months ago #2

Ady wrote:
And just cant keep myself from bragging about : I have a brand new Revo 5.7!!! Yesterday was its maiden session at Wolf :) Iwas even able to wash off the dust from the 86! But mostly sailed the 110 and this sail felt fine on both boards unlike the 5.8 Ka Kult it is replacing.

Go for it. That's a good looking sail!

NE for Thu 7 years 6 months ago #3

Looks like an after work sesh today as a warm-up for your Thursday. :)

mapperv26_9_28_2016_4.jpg
mapperv26_9_28_2016_7.jpg
:woohoo:
30.forecast_2016-09-28.gif

NE for Thu 7 years 6 months ago #4

She's droppin' in. Waukegan N at 26 gusting 31 mph. At 3:40pm :dry:

NE for Thu 7 years 6 months ago #5

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Hm, the wind forcast for Thu looks better for Waukegan and with a lesser chance for rain then down south. I may have to reconsider. I've never sailed there, who's going?

NE for Thu 7 years 6 months ago #6

Boom! Harrison-Dever Crib just hit NE 44 gusting to 48 mph at 6:00pm here and Calumet Harbor hit NE 21 gusting 37 mph. And you're out of daylight! That's how she rolls. They need to put some stadium lights on The Wall.

Hope it rips for ya tomorrow. Looks like it.

NE for Thu 7 years 6 months ago #7

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
What a misery! Sitting in the lot at 87th St and its raining and the wind is not even hitting 20 kts. The incoming storms seem tobe receding a bit over MI and the lake so I hope it will give me a brake.
earlier:
image_2016-09-29.png

now:
image_2016-09-29-2.png

NE for Thu 7 years 6 months ago #8

Oh no. :( Hope it clears.

NE for Thu 7 years 6 months ago #9

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
What a roller coaster today. It was dark and raining then got sunny and then cloudy again and the wind was down and then up and then down and....you get the idea. Still managed a decent session with the new 5.7 on my 110 first, but that was very bouncy so I switched to the 86. The chop was nasty at the Wall, aparently it doesnt prevent it when there is too much E in the wind direction.

NE for Thu 7 years 6 months ago #10

• Jake
  • High Wind
Sailed out of Sheboygan today and got super lucky. The forecast this AM was 16 G 25 but it ended-up being a little stronger (more like 20 G 30 according to NOAA). The waves were super nice and well-formed, but the wind didn't feel nearly as strong as it looks like it should have been based on the NOAA data. I split my time between a 6.1 and a 5.3 on a 94 liter board. Sheboygan is a little shadowed on the inside in a NE, so there was almost no power close to shore, but then it filled-in further out. It was a great day for riding, not so great for jumping and general blasting around. Still, the waves set-up well for frontside down-the-line riding. You guys should make the drive up when the forecast looks good for a NE or NNE. Fun day on the water with 3-4 windsurfers, a whole bunch of kiters and a few longboard surfers. Welcome to the fall season!

NE for Thu 7 years 6 months ago #11

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Thanks for the kind invitation Jacob! Sheboygan is praised as the best break this side of the lake and its a shame I havent sailed there even once. I certainly will be looking forward to pay its due respect if not this year then the next one. Its on my "to do" list together with Muskegon.
And btw where do you exactly park and launch there?

NE for Thu 7 years 6 months ago #12

• Jake
  • High Wind
It's just south of the Blue Harbor resort. There's a small dirt/grass lot on Illinois Ave (which is just off of S Pier Dr. ) Then it's just a short walk down to the beach. There's the usual Lake Michigan shorebreak, but it's a pretty friendly launch.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds