Friday, April 26, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: SW and warm for the weekend

SW and warm for the weekend 8 years 1 month ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Looks promising for both days. Wolf should be clear despite the snow storm.

SW and warm for the weekend 8 years 1 month ago #2

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
On the lighter side today. Started with a 6.5 expecting it to pick up at some point, but after an hour and a half changed to 7.5.
Wasn't exactly crowded at Wolf today, but nonetheless it counts as an official start of the season- probably the earliest ever!

SW and warm for the weekend 8 years 1 month ago #3

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Not the best day today for me and Mike M. -we both damaged our sails :( Did the cold /37F/ water made them more brittle or what?! My elbow punched a hole like the sail was made from paper, it wasnt even a hard hit ! I was able to patch it right on the spot and sailed a little bit more after that, but Mike wasnt that lucky and his damage looks bad. Again it was a straggle with the 86L Kode in the gusty winds , on and off the plane constantly wears me off quickly, but like I told Alan- I keep on persisting /for a lack of choice/ and one day we may start liking each other-me and the Kode .

SW and warm for the weekend 8 years 1 month ago #4

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
I have not had that issue before but I don't typically end up in 37 degree water. Are the sails older perhaps and getting brittle anyway? hope there's not some type of chemical in the water messing with your sails. I've never sailed Wolf Lake is it industrial type lake?

SW and warm for the weekend 8 years 1 month ago #5

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Chris wrote:
I have not had that issue before but I don't typically end up in 37 degree water. Are the sails older perhaps and getting brittle anyway? hope there's not some type of chemical in the water messing with your sails. I've never sailed Wolf Lake is it industrial type lake?
Ha ha, industrial waste, sewage, pesticides, GMOs...you name it-it could be anything, or just a bad luck and coincidence. It sucks when it happens,but what can you do-its an expensive sport ours! Btw I dont know of anybody getting sick from sailing on Wolf, besides minor eye and sinus inflamations experienced by the more sensitive people /like me/, but I get those on lake Michigan too, so ...?!
I didnt know that my elbow is so lethal, Ill remember it the next time I get in a fight :lol:

SW and warm for the weekend 8 years 1 month ago #6

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Right, a sail ant no match for kung fu elbow! the only time I went surfing was at hundred 18th -19th Street with my buddy Scott, god only knows what was in that water. I got up on my first wave just so I could say I did it and get it over with. I had a new found respect for surfers, they're all up in it.
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds