Sunday, April 28, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: 03-03-24 Wolf Lake

03-03-24 Wolf Lake 1 month 3 weeks ago #1

First session for me in 2024. Great time meeting with my friend Ady and chatting with the windsurfing and winging Wolf crowed. Very gusty (12kn to +30kn) but lovely air temps! Riding: Bolt 117, 37cm fin, 5.4 Mark2. Very rusty after more than 3 months off with a couple of in-control runs amongst many crappy ones!
Quick #Short done with my Christmas present! B)
https://youtube.com/shorts/sX5iTC3J5AI?si=IgIJghsxduoSUp5e

03-03-24 Wolf Lake 1 month 3 weeks ago #2

Bad ass. Is the cam on some type of boom? Link to the christmas present?
Do you wear a 3/2 or something thicker?

03-03-24 Wolf Lake 1 month 3 weeks ago #3

Great video. I learned how to sail there in the mid 80's. Many happy memories. Some time I'll have to put my stuff in the Van and drive in.

03-03-24 Wolf Lake 1 month 3 weeks ago #4

Thx!
Neilpryde 5/4 suit. Atan 6.5mm boots
Insta360 setup:
Insta360 One X2
Ulanzi Metal Camera Cage
Camera Tripod Adapter, 1/4" (used to secure leach on cage side)
RUIGPRO 7" Aluminum Extension Arm
Flymount Aero-40 Action Camera Mount
If you don't care to risk losing your camera, you can do without the cage but note that there's no place to attach a leach on the camera. If your setup fails and falls in the water: bye-bye camera!

Insta360mastsetup.jpg

03-03-24 Wolf Lake 1 month 3 weeks ago #5

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Woohoo, it was hardcore session indeed! I started on my 5.2/103 with a 28 cm fin, but struggled badly in the lulles, so I ditched it later for the 5.7 and a 30 cm fin. Of course the wind picked up at this point and I was overpowered to the point I debated quitting or downsizing again. I’m glad I didn’t do any of it because after a break the wind dropped down again so I got few good runs until it went crazy again.
My gratitude to Greg who saved my day after letting me use one of his booms after I realized mine is broken. I don’t know how or when since I haven’t used it since 2022 but once I started adjusting it for the sail I felt a looseness in one of the arms and whoah a catastrophic failure . Thank you Greg , I owe you one!!
I separated it for the picture but otherwise the break wasn’t visible at all.
5EE1D055-4530-41BA-87DF-C152B858C45D.jpeg

03-03-24 Wolf Lake 1 month 3 weeks ago #6

Very cool! Thank you for sharing.

03-03-24 Wolf Lake 1 month 3 weeks ago #7

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Update: I glued the boom with a Gorilla construction glue. If it does what the Gorilla tape does for fixing sails I'll be a happy camper. I'll keep you posted and if I end up with my hands glued to the boom, I'll sue like that woman that put adhesive on her hair :lol: Just kidding.
Wolf Lake action-Revo 5.2/ Kode 103/ 28 cm freewave fin
GX010772.jpg

I had some of that nuisance-out of wind, out of glide, hooking up at the worst moment so I switched to 5.7 and 30 cm fin soon after
GX010772-1.jpg

03-03-24 Wolf Lake 1 month 2 weeks ago #8

Can't stop playing with that 360 camera! B) The Insta360 phone App is really good. Super easy to use!
www.youtube.com/shorts/MX7dbFlNm8M

03-03-24 Wolf Lake 1 month 1 week ago #9

• KM
  • Storm Force
Ady if you want, I could measure out some epoxy and adhesive filler for you to make that a complete fix. Also have some carbon biax sleeve that might help over teh top.
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds