Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Wolf lake next week? Jan 29-Feb 2

Wolf lake next week? Jan 29-Feb 2 3 months 3 days ago #1

• KM
  • Storm Force
Anyone know if Wolf Lake is softwater yet? Forecast is calling for my min temps but not sure if there will be wind or enough ice melt to make a go of it.

If you haven't tried it, the Copernicus site has satellite imagery which is quite nice, although it updates certain areas with long intervals so you have to check often to get up to date info dataspace.copernicus.eu/browser/?zoom=13...e=84&dateMode=MOSAIC

Wolf lake next week? Jan 29-Feb 2 2 months 4 weeks ago #2

• KM
  • Storm Force
Well, counterpoint:

www.insideindianabusiness.com/articles/t...-bp-whiting-refinery

Seems like a subsantial release of fuel at the BP refinery which is just east of Wolf Lake. Tough to tell what's true between BP PR vs local people complaining about the smell and feeling sick, but might steer clear of Wolf for a while, never did find out if it was iced or not. Seems like the ice sailors were using the southern WI lakes as recently as Sunday so might be a wait for softwater sailing.

Wolf lake next week? Jan 29-Feb 2 2 months 4 days ago #3

I saw satellite images from yesterday of the various lakes around, and it looks like that:
  • Wolf: Open Water
  • Silver: Mostly Open Water
  • Pike Lake, WI: 2/3 Frozen
  • Lake Winnebago, WI: West and North shore mostly open water over 200-300 yards. Still frozen 2/3 of its surface area.
  • Lake Michigan in Sheboygan, WI: No Iceshelf, Open Water
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds