Sunday, April 28, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Quiz question from California

Quiz question from California 1 year 9 months ago #1

Hi everybody,
I'm visiting my home in California. Here is my dinner date for tommorow night, his boat residence is moored next to my brother's fiancee's boat residence in Emeryville. He's had a bit to do with windsurfing in the past. He is..... what's his name, just can't retrieve it this second?

IMG_0464.jpg

Quiz question from California 1 year 9 months ago #2

Hint: Despite what people say, he said it means Science and Sorcery.

Quiz question from California 1 year 9 months ago #3

I should stop with the BS and just reveal it.

Quiz question from California 1 year 9 months ago #4

Maybe you all have too much pride and don't want to be wrong. Or its gnawing at your stomach and giving you gastritis. Relax, think blissful thoughts of that island paradise where the waves of Hookipa and Kanaha live.

Quiz question from California 1 year 9 months ago #5

Barry Spanier, MauiSails founder.

Quiz question from California 1 year 9 months ago #6

So my stupid references in the subsequent posts were: Science and Sorcery (S2Maui), BS (his initials), pride (Pryde), gastritis (Gaastra), Maui (Mauisails). I had fun talking to him about a bunch of things yesterday, more to follow as we have dinner with him and his wife on the boat today.

Quiz question from California 1 year 9 months ago #7

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Ha! I was guessing-Harry Potter. Science+sorcery +makes you wanna puke and about the same age by now. With a bit of imagination you can even compare broom riding to board riding :unsure:

Quiz question from California 1 year 9 months ago #8

Barry (and his wife) are just the coolest friendly people you could ever meet. Wide ranging conversation about him losing his boat off NZ 44 years ago, personally making all of Dunkerbeck's sails when he was winning everything in sight (not off-the-shelf sails), making aluminum booms and seat harnesses, his mast bend concept (more bottom flex good), making sails for all the early Maui guys but not getting sued by Schweitzer because they got along, ragging (mildly) on Neil Pryde (the guy, not the brand). He designed his sails by watching them being sailed, what moved, what flapped around, how they responded..... Perfect way to spend Supermoon on a docked boat.

IMG_0465.jpg
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds