Saturday, April 27, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Memorial Day 5/30/2022 Greenwood Beach

Memorial Day 5/30/2022 Greenwood Beach 1 year 10 months ago #1

Was a decent day at Greenwood, beautiful weather compensating for somewhat patchy wind with LONG lulls (10 minutes are so) with decent rides. 4 people out on 5.7-6.0, some wings.

Memorial Day 5/30/2022 Greenwood Beach 1 year 10 months ago #2

• Gerry
  • High Wind
Cool footage, I like the angle!! I was waiting for the jibe, we got to see the step but I am guessing that one ended with a splash :cheer: ;)

I was up at Lake Andrea practicing with the wing yesterday, there were a bunch of windsurfers and a couple other guys just learning to wingfoil. Beautiful windy day but very gusty, ended up rigging down - and gusts still got to be too much by 3:30pm. Greenwood was decent today, Chris T. and I out on foils - where I made plenty of splashes myself!!

Memorial Day 5/30/2022 Greenwood Beach 1 year 10 months ago #3

David,
Maybe a suggestion for your GoPro lense to avoid most water droplets:
Clarifii Hydrophobic Lense Protector

Memorial Day 5/30/2022 Greenwood Beach 1 year 10 months ago #4

Now that I see it, I was going to try Rain-X.

Memorial Day 5/30/2022 Greenwood Beach 1 year 10 months ago #5

I was doing Rain-X before. It doesn't work as well as the hydrophobic lens, and you have to keep re-applying Rain-X every session. If you're filming once in a while, that's alright but if you're not ok with the occasional droplets spoiling your vids or if you plan on filming a lot, then the lens might be the way to go.
The lens really works well for a full season and maybe more depending on how much you intend to take your GoPro out on the water. I filmed almost everything in 2021 which ended up being a little above 90 sessions total and the footage was a lot better quality. I just changed it after more than a year of usage as I saw it started to lose its efficacy.
Also, a small bottle of Rain-X and the lens are about the same price!

EDIT:
...and no, I'm not sponsored!
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds