Saturday, April 27, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Greenwood 4/10/2022 safe user-friendly direction

Greenwood 4/10/2022 safe user-friendly direction 2 years 2 weeks ago #1

Southeast wind can be a very sweet safe direction at Greenwood, the wind is usually steady, direction is side on-shore, and the break walls at the south end make for little or no shorebreak, easy to sail swell. It might be the easiest direction to sail Lake Michigan from Greenwood, but not very common direction. No permits needed yet, easy parking and rigging for now. For those wanting to give the big lake a try early in the season, tomorrow afternoon is promising.

Greenwood 4/10/2022 safe user-friendly direction 2 years 2 weeks ago #2

• KM
  • Storm Force
Thanks for the info, I was looking at the forecast for today and wondering if the LM beaches would be good. We're painting our big boat today so are out, but hope you all have a good time. I think Tuesday might be SE as well although not as much breeze. SE is such a weird rare wind condition; we once had a big regatta with boats from out of town asking for local knowledge on what the wind does in SE and all the local sailors were as ignorant as anyone since we see it so infrequently.

Take some pics!

Greenwood 4/10/2022 safe user-friendly direction 2 years 2 weeks ago #3

How was Greenwood this Sunday? I was out around 4 pm near West Beach of the Indiana Dunes national park. Where I was, the wind seemed a bit gusty, but that's probably due to the wind being more off shore in that part of the lake.

Greenwood 4/10/2022 safe user-friendly direction 2 years 2 weeks ago #4

I waited around most of the afternoon, but my friends who got on the water after 4:30 apparently had a good time on a 7.5, it was a notch below that prior to that all afternoon, my guess good steady wind, flat, easy sailing, SE are always good when they happen.
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds