Monday, May 06, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Ice at Wolf Lake?

Ice at Wolf Lake? 2 years 2 months ago #1

• KM
  • Storm Force
I know Silver lake and Andrea have iced over, but has any one been by Wolf to see if the ice was solid and flat?

I picked up a wing recently and finally got to try it over the weekend at a small lake in western IL with some relatives. It was only about 15kts on the ice, and I was using some pretty heavy skis but managed to get going even if it was a bit slow. Gybing on skis is definitely easier than gybing a windsurfer! My son really enjoyed catching up when I was in the lulls and pushing me until we got going and then would stand on the back of the skis for a free ride around the lake.

Would love to try again, especially if it doesn't mean trekking all the way up to Silver, and have been interested in seeing Wolf for windsurfing, so was thinking about heading down some time this week if the wing gets good.

What do people wear for safety gear? I just had on my winter gear for hiking/skiing plus a bike helmet.

Ice at Wolf Lake? 2 years 2 months ago #2

• KM
  • Storm Force
So just in case you were looking at the forecast and wondering if it'll be soft water this weekend... Maybe Sunday? Wolf is still frozen but very thin and mushy. Guessing it's gone by Sunday am

DSC_3826.jpg
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds