Monday, May 06, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Mon & Tue looking promising Lee St. 11/9/2020

Mon & Tue looking promising Lee St. 11/9/2020 3 years 5 months ago #1

Monday and Tuesday looking promising for the last warm days of the season, water temps almost 50 and air 65. Any days after that water will certainly be cold. Lee st should be the best.

Mon & Tue looking promising Lee St. 11/9/2020 3 years 5 months ago #2

Wind and warm weather came through both days, cold water helped relieve the sweating of cold water suits on 70+ air temps. On Monday the easiest relaxing 6.5-7.0 day for most of the afternoon, on Tuesday big gusty 5.0-5.5 with big chop and swell, wish I could have used smaller board but the wind is too shifty and gusty to get out the 200 yards to the wind on a S-SW. Definitely the end of fully comfortable sailing for the season.

Mon & Tue looking promising Lee St. 11/9/2020 3 years 5 months ago #3

David Mark wrote:
Wind and warm weather came through both days, cold water helped relieve the sweating of cold water suits on 70+ air temps. On Monday the easiest relaxing 6.5-7.0 day for most of the afternoon, on Tuesday big gusty 5.0-5.5 with big chop and swell, wish I could have used smaller board but the wind is too shifty and gusty to get out the 200 yards to the wind on a S-SW. Definitely the end of fully comfortable sailing for the season.

Glad to hear you had a good time. I couldn't travel too far on Monday and ended up in Winnebago at the Deadwood launch. It was balmy with an unusual ~74 degrees. Great 6.0 and 5.2 conditions, 3 windsurfers and one kite. Great fun on the 109 Kode - especially since I cured my excessive spinouts with a 34cm fin. Besides an unexpected board/rig separation, the session was fun and powered! This made me appreciate again the Kode. Howevere, the Surfbent board/nose protector is permanently put in storage: This device is the culprit of 2 board/kit separations this season. Each where scary enough with a running board I have to chase with a desperate swimming dash that I will not put this damn thing on my boards again. The device prevents from damaging the nose of your board but it can also let the ridder swimming back to the beach in 48 degree water! I use Duotone PowerXT 2.0 mast extensions and for some reason that extension isn't holding the cantilevered pressure the Surfbent puts on the pin clip of the extension. Maybe it works better with a Chinook extension, who knows?...

Board on the loose = Swimming time!
GH042953_Moment9.jpg

Yoga time (I saved that one but I don't know how!)
GH042953_Moment6.jpg

Bad re-entry = 1, 2, 3, Slap time
GH062953_Moment3.jpg

GH062953_Moment4.jpg

GH062953_Moment5.jpg

Air-jibe time
GH022953_Moment3.jpg

Time with Bruce
GH042953_Moment3.jpg

Boom time!
GH022952_Moment8.jpg

Mon & Tue looking promising Lee St. 11/9/2020 3 years 5 months ago #4

That rig separation sucks big time. You didn't mention anything about damage this time. Is it possible that the Surfbent actually pushed the button to release the extension when the extension hit it? It looks a little pointy at the front.
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds