Sunday, April 28, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Nice day Greenwood Sun 4/26/2020

Nice day Greenwood Sun 4/26/2020 4 years 19 hours ago #1

Sunday morning until about 12:30 turned out to be the perfect time for Greenwood with a stead 5.7-6.3 wind easy chop and swell. As many sailors as one ever sees there 4-8 sailors at a time. They aren't checking parking or passes at least right now. Water about 49 deg, air went from 45 to 50 by 1 pm, nice sunny day. Wind stayed up afterward for larger sails for a long time.

My feet are still sticking in the highly canted footstraps of the Severne Fox, very frustrating at jibe time. The Fox also has something like a Goretex pressure valve that you leave alone. I hope it keeps the water out. When I put my board away after it had been lying out in the sun, you could hear the air bleeding out of the board, bubbling into the small puddle of water in the valve recesses. Pretty dramatic example of the air expanding inside the board.

Nice day Greenwood Sun 4/26/2020 4 years 11 hours ago #2

Similar experience up north on Sunday for me, David. Unfortunately I couldn’t hit the water before 2:30 which gave me about an hour of fun on turquoise blue water, about 50f and a large 8.5 to glide effortlessly in 13-15kn. Easy sailing, good speed, effortless. Bliss.

I use super thick 6.5mm boots this time of year and to prevent my front foot from sticking to the strap during a jibe, I slightly pull it out off of the strap by an inch or so just before initiating the turn. I do this all the time now as I learned the hard way with a torn MCL resulting from an over rotating knee because if a stuck front foot during a jibe.
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds