Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Illinois Beach 9/1/24

Illinois Beach 9/1/24 1 month 1 week ago #1

Great day: 5.4 (underpowered) then 6.2 powered. Sailing with 3 other windsurfers that normally sail at Silver Lake. Super nice ridding in pack! If one would miss his jibe, the others would stop and wait. Such a nice time on the water with Mark, Sergey and Dimitry. The beach was beautiful, the break walls segments prevented painful shorebreak, and the swell was waist to shoulder height at times. The fun part was to enter the area behind the breakwater wall from one end, jibe inside and then exiting through the other end. One of my favorite session this year so far.

Dimitry taking a bit of air
IllinoisBeach01090124.jpg

Racing with Sergey
IllinoisBeach02090124.jpg

Dimitry on a downhill course chasing a piece of swell
IllinoisBeach03090124.jpg

Celebratory jibe (safely executed with nobody in the water!)
IllinoisBeach04090124.jpg

And for good measure, the slippery exit of another energy-saving jibe!
IllinoisBeach05090124.jpg

Illinois Beach 9/1/24 1 month 1 week ago #2

Nice! Someone told me about the break-walls going in at Illinois Beach last year. We were worried that it might ruin the whole spot. Looks like it's working nicely! Nice jibes!

Illinois Beach 9/1/24 1 month 1 week ago #3

Thanks, Reid. :)
Yes, the spot on a windy N and NNE like we had the other day is just great. The swell is organized, entering any of the pass between break walls on the leeward side is also fun as the swell gets steeper as you enter the "pool" behind the wall and the same goes when exiting for jumping. Definitely a great find for me this year. Will be back!

Illinois Beach 9/1/24 1 month 1 week ago #4

Sergey had a 360camera on his helmet and captured a short clip. Thanks to him, that's the second or third time in 8 years I see myself riding! :)

Illinois Beach 9/1/24 1 month 1 week ago #5

Nice! You're rippin' on that thing. You guys look like you're training for OBX-WIND 2024.

I posted this vid of Sergey's so folks can see what the new break-walls look like.

Illinois Beach 9/1/24 1 month 1 week ago #6

Cool! Yep, that's it!
I got a few "ok" clips of both of them that I'm about to send them. Maybe they'll use them in a future video!

Illinois Beach 9/1/24 1 month 1 week ago #7

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Ha! The dude that recorded those videos maybe rides an old friend of mine- RRD Firerace 112. I sold that board some years back at the Evanston swap meet, right after I bought the Starboard. I wish I still have the enthusiasm that I had back then, it kind a faded away.
IMG_0160.jpeg
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds