Thursday, May 02, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Sailable this Thurs Lee St temps in 50's

Sailable this Thurs Lee St temps in 50's 3 years 5 months ago #1

It should be very sailable this Thurs at Lee St, temps will be in the 50's in the afternoon with SW winds, not much S component so very bad wind right at the launch, I think the water temps are pretty much as they have been for the past few weeks, 48-50. It should be sunny. I might be there around noon. Maybe this is my last day.

Sailable this Thurs Lee St temps in 50's 3 years 5 months ago #2

It 10:30 stopped at Lee st launch. Beautiful beach. Wind line is 200 yards out. Slightly off shore wind. I think I’ll go to Wolf for speed runs and calm waters. Was out in Sheboygan yesterday and the swell was short and deep making it challenging to keep a line and gain normal speed. I need flat water today!

Sailable this Thurs Lee St temps in 50's 3 years 5 months ago #3

The Greenwood gang all decided to go to Wolf Lake, so I caved and joined them. Wind was the usual gusty wind, 4.5-5.0 very comfortable air temp, but the wind strength and gustiness made it a lot of work. Although safer than L Michigan, I'm not sure that its actually more fun or relaxing to sail there, the reaches are very short, and you have to jibe at whatever the wind is at the end of the lake. In L Michigan, the reaches are as long as you want, you can pick your wind strength to jibe, and the ride back to shore is always relaxing, never have to fight against the chop. Was able to say hi to Sheb Greg, been a long time.

Sailable this Thurs Lee St temps in 50's 3 years 5 months ago #4

Wolf lake with a big crowed and plenty of people on the water. Warm temps, cold water with 20-25kn wind and challenging gusts in mid 40kn. Maybe last session this year? Time will tell.

I'm not familiar with everyone in the area yet but here is a few I can name.
David (right) who had fun on his cool Severn Fox.
GH012964_Moment.jpg

Roman, obviously enjoying the conditions very much.
GH012958_Moment.jpg

In the background, first row of parking spot were full
GH012960_Moment.jpg

Side-shore meeting in the background
GH032956_Moment.jpg

4.7 and out of control
GH032957_Moment.jpg

No coffee avail., so a cold plunge in 40 degree water to keep all senses awake
GH042956_Moment2.jpg

One-handed jibe? Maybe!
GH052957_Moment.jpg
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds