Saturday, May 18, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Back to Bonaire...

Back to Bonaire... 5 years 3 months ago #1

Found some miles on my Delta account and there's enough for a free trip to... Bonaire! Woohoo!
I'm heading there Feb. 16-24 with a Lake Winnebago windsurfing buddy!
If anyone reading this page is heading out there at the same time, just send me a note and maybe we can connect! B)

Back to Bonaire... 5 years 3 months ago #2

We're going the first week of April. Don't use up all the wind ;)

Which place are you renting gear from?

Drew

Back to Bonaire... 5 years 3 months ago #3

Ha! We'll leave you the leftovers! :lol:
We are renting from Dunckerbeck Pro Center at the Sorobon Beach Resort. How about you?
Their equipment is top-notch, the place is not over-crowded, opens and closes earlier and sooner than the other guys on the beach (great to catch stronger winds early in the morning and sail before 10am for a couple of hours when there's still not too many people on the water!) and Ben, the manager, is super-friendly and knowledgeable.
Have fun out-there! B)

Back to Bonaire... 5 years 3 months ago #4

Looking forward to it! We're staying in a beach house on the west side of the island; I'm the only sailor in the family, everyone else is there purely for the diving. I'm going to rent by the hour from Windsurf Place. Their rates are good and they have Hot Sails (my favorite!).

Drew

Back to Bonaire... 5 years 3 months ago #5

I just saw this thread. Drew, I'll be on Bonaire 3/30 to 4/6. Was thinking of renting from Jibe City but still up in the air on that. Regardles, maybe we'll cross paths.
Rich

Back to Bonaire... 5 years 3 months ago #6

Awesome :-) Maybe we're on the same plane too? I don't know the flight number but we're out of O'Hare on the 30th.

I may just rent by the hour, and Windsurf Place is cheaper that way. For the week they're pretty much the same. WP has the fees/insurance included in the price, but I think they are separate at JC so you have to read the websites carefully. At WP, it's $50 for two hours and $430 for the week. So 16 hours is cheaper by the hour... my wife and daughter will want me around for our diving excursions. I would be bummed if I bought a week and then didn't get enough hours in... :dry:

Andrew

Back to Bonaire... 5 years 3 months ago #7

I'll be flying Delta out of ATL on the 30th. Sounds like a good plan for you to do the hourly thing and watch for the good days/times. I may look at both WP and JC to see what gear they have once I get there. I think I'm going to need some big sail size choices because of my size but I'm looking forward to the warm water!! I read that the diving is great there so that should be a lot of fun for your fam.

Back to Bonaire... 5 years 1 month ago #8

I'm told that morning and late afternoon are normally the windier times of the day. Are you staying over at Lac Bay?

We're on the other side, directly facing the little round island. I may try hitchhiking to Lac Bay if the rest of the family takes the truck...

(I send you a PM too)

Andrew

Back to Bonaire... 5 years 1 month ago #9

Looks like we'll be in the same area then. I'm staying across from that island too. My house rental is supposed to have a truck included so I'd be happy to give you a ride as I'm heading to, or from, Lac Bay. I'll send you my details over PM as well. Hope for good wind!!

Back to Bonaire... 5 years 14 hours ago #10

Out and back across Lac Bay, Bonaire this past April :-)

Watch for the stingray!

Drew

Back to Bonaire... 5 years 1 hour ago #11

Nice video, Andrew. Wouldn't want to step down right there! :ohmy: :lol:

Back to Bonaire... 4 years 11 months ago #12

Nice vid Andrew. Looks like we didn't use up all the wind when we were there in February after all!
Stingray at 4:34 :unsure:
Blister at 1:50 :lol:
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds