Saturday, May 04, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Back to the Bay Area

Back to the Bay Area 4 years 5 months ago #13

I will. I'll be staying in across the bridge in Mill Valley.

Back to the Bay Area 3 years 11 months ago #14

had a nuke in the delta last friday. so much fun on 3.8/85!! My friend James made a video recap of the weekend.

Back to the Bay Area 3 years 10 months ago #15

Cool vid. Nice ride in the whitewater wake behind the boat.

Back to the Bay Area: 3 days in 2 years 11 months ago #16

Took today off on 3rd day back in Bay Area, after arrival 2 days straight of 5.3 winds in the Bay Area, and I am steeped in the local windsurfing culture. My older brother's GF let me borrow her STB 95 one day and her STB 105 the other day, 1st day at Marina Park Richmond, 2nd day at Candlestick park. I finally ran into Kevin K, who I have corresponded with previously and sold a Gopro Hero session to. Brother's GF is the mother of an ex-ABK and Bigwinds instructor, and she was volunteer executive at Cal Sailing Club at Berkeley Marina who have introduced hundreds if not thousands of sailors to windsurfing over the years, and knows all the women windsurfers in BA (40+). Just getting started, she wants to sail every day possible. Here I am reaching across Marina Park Richmond. Looking forward to trying winging.

Back to the Bay Area: 3 days in 2 years 10 months ago #17

Awesome location and run.
I'm heading there to visit my niece in Napa in August. Maybe I'll score an afternoon on the water in the Bay! :woohoo:

Back to the Bay Area 2 years 10 months ago #18

Bay area trip was basically the best run of sailing in my life. It was sailable every day, but sailed ONLY 9 of 16 days, 4.2-5.3, 85L-105 L, from Bodega Bay (weeds), Rio Vista (voodoo chop), Candlestick Park (flatwater heaven), to 3 sites Richmond-Bay Bridge corridor.

vs210617-001.jpg

STB-y city, I sailed 85-105, at Rio Vista all 4 boards on water, 2 brothers, brother's GF, me

vs210617-002.jpg

Sunny warm Rio Vista

vs210617-003.jpg

heading to Emeryville with San Francisco over my back

Back to the Bay Area 2 years 10 months ago #19

Nice finally to meet you in person and your brother from HI. The Bay has been super windy this year.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds