Thursday, May 02, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Clear Lake Iowa

Clear Lake Iowa 9 months 10 hours ago #1

Anyone here sailed at Clear Lake Iowa? Sunday (8/6 ) looks like it could be epic there, and I'm wondering if there are rules against parking all day + rigging/launching from City Beach.

Clear Lake Iowa 9 months 4 hours ago #2

Hi Eric,

I've sailed there as well. I unloaded my rig at the northeast end of State Park Beach (where Lakeview Dr. runs into the Park beach). You can't park there so I just unloaded and then parked at the circular parking lot just behind the Lodge. I sailed there all day and had no problem with any parking issues...and there were no fees to park in that circular area behind the lodge. I was on a 6.0 with steady northwest winds all day. Hope this helps and let us all know how the windsurfing was.

Clear Lake Iowa 8 months 4 weeks ago #3

I called ahead and saved you a spot. :lol:

City Beach
Screenshotcitybeachclearlake.jpg

I haven't been there. I don't see any signs and no ticket booth.

Advice: Launch at the north end of the beach. Up by that sail boat(see above). Don't jibe near beach goers.

Option 2:
If the beach is too busy / no parking on a Sunday or it falls through for whatever, there is a public access boat ramp just to the north of the beach.

ClearlakeCityboatramp.jpg

Boat ramp parking. The ramp is at the flag. Shade! No signs on west side of street. Time limited signs on east side of street.

cityboatrampparking.jpg

Clear Lake Iowa 8 months 4 weeks ago #4

Thanks Reid! I've actually been before (last year), just to scope it out (no wind the day I was there). It's a BEAUTIFUL lake and it has two fantastic beaches to launch from. The pictures that Reid posted are the City Beach. That's where I'd prefer to sail.
Per usual, however, the forecast keeps changing, and now it looks like the wind will just show up in my backyard: Smithville Lake just north of KC.
It's just been a HORRIBLE summer for wind around here. We did get a really nice day last Friday, and even though I am rusty as a f***k, I almost made my first spock:

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds