Friday, May 03, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Rend Lake

Rend Lake 3 years 11 months ago #1

I had bought a beginner set a year ago, and only got out on Crab Orchard.
I’d like to get up to Rend Lake sometime soon. Idk if anyone still windsurfs there, but I’d like to link up if anyone has any pointers. I’m really not that good, and appreciate any help.

Rend Lake 3 years 10 months ago #2

Is Charlie still windsurfing Rend Lake? Sounds like you're making progress and wanting to branch out. I'm still trying to make a trip to Carlyle or Rend. Is there anything you're working on in particular that you need help with? We can help you virtually with pointers and a vid until we get down there.

Rend Lake 3 years 10 months ago #3

I enjoy Rend Lake greatly. It is a great place to go. Out of all the lakes in the area it has the most consistent wind. I always launch from the same spot at Rend Lake. It is immediately Southeast of the long causeway in the middle of the lake. There is a sand beach there and a boat ramp. The locals are super stoked to see folks windsurfing and I always get a lot of questions there. Most of the time I am there solo but i'll post up when I plan to come over.

Been wanting to get down to Crab Orchard. My wife has family all over that area. Is windsurf beach at Crab Orchard accessible anymore? If not where do you launch at Crab Orchard?
Time to create page: 0.359 seconds