Saturday, May 04, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Winter Days & Thermal Winds at Carlyle or Rend

Winter Days & Thermal Winds at Carlyle or Rend 4 years 2 months ago #1

Good times down in southern IL. Gotten 7-days so far in 2020 in and the wind is hitting either Carlyle or Rend Lake each weekend. Forecast is showing a good blow next Sunday at Carlyle, come on out. The water level is pretty high right now but a few launches work better flooded. One of those is Carlyle Sailing Association which isn't on the map for Windsurf IL.

Hope to sail with members of this forum this year. Will try and make a few more trips up north than the single one made last year.

thanks, Dennis Koscielski

Winter Days & Thermal Winds at Carlyle or Rend 4 years 2 months ago #2

That's awesome, Dennis! Gonna try to make some trips to Carlyle this year. It's been way too long.

Winter Days & Thermal Winds at Carlyle or Rend 4 years 2 months ago #3

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Wow, a record count! Way to go Dennis!

Winter Days & Thermal Winds at Carlyle or Rend 4 years 2 months ago #4

Guys come on down. The facility at Carlyle Lake Sailing association is very family friendly. I plan to move all the rip-rap in the launch area and re-expose the beach we used to use in the 90's before USACE destroyed it w/ their rocks. I have discussed this with the guy who operates the place and he is ok with making it happen. Wind from that launch works from any direction besides straight west. Not a good spot for kites but heck I only windsurf. Reid come on down, i'll come up to your lake for sure. The wind up there is awesome.

Caution: I am now doing Formula so my days on water opportunities have doubled. The big stuff can go in very little wind so I am good to go. Getting ready to get my second formula board from a guy at OBX in april.

If you can't tell I am stoked and as my wife puts it this is my mid-life crisis in action.

Winter Days & Thermal Winds at Carlyle or Rend 4 years 2 months ago #5

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Ha, ha well put! Midlife crisis can take a lot worse turn then windsurfing, so your wife /and mine/ should be happy. For me Carlyle is a overnight trip for sure so it’ll take some planning ahead. I’d like to visit it some day definitely.
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds