Saturday, May 04, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: A new sail is born: Ezzy Wave 2020

A new sail is born: Ezzy Wave 2020 4 years 6 months ago #1

A new sail is born: Ezzy Wave 2020

"My goal with the Ezzy Wave was to combine the power and stability of our Zeta, with the lightness and handling of our Elite.Getting the Ezzy Wave right was a challenge. It had to satisfy both my son Graham’s need for power in European on-shore conditions and 8x world champion Kevin Pritchard, who demands lightness and maneuverability for side-off wave riding. The Ezzy Wave is built to my quality standards while coming in about 200 grams lighter, per sail, than the Elite. Weight reductions came in a number of areas. I replaced the vinyl window with Spectra-reinforced X-ply, and the clew design is lighter, which in addition to saving overall weight, reduces the swing weight. For comparison, the new 4.7 is now the same weight as last year’s Elite 4.2, making the Ezzy Wave one of the lightest wave sails in the world. As with all of our sails, the Ezzy Wave is rigged and calibrated with a load cell, then meticulously checked over in my factory. The Ezzy Wave comes highly recommended." - David Ezzy

"For comparison, the new 4.7 is now the same weight as last year’s Elite 4.2, making the Ezzy Wave one of the lightest wave sails in the world." - David Ezzy

Ezzy_Wave_Sail_2020_orange.jpg
Ezzy_Wave_Sail_2020_Blue.jpg

"Weight reductions came in a number of areas. I replaced the vinyl window with Spectra-reinforced X-ply, and the clew design is lighter, which in addition to saving overall weight, reduces the swing weight." - David Ezzy
Ezzy_Wave_Sail_2020_window.jpg

The 5.8 has 5 battens.
Ezzy_Wave_Sail_2020_specs.png

Ezzy_Wave_Sail_2020_action_3.jpg

Ezzy_Wave_Sail_2020_action_1.jpg

Ezzy_Wave_Sail_2020_action_2.jpg

A new sail is born: Ezzy Wave 2020 4 years 6 months ago #2

Interesting. Don't you love how swoopy the panel layout looks? BTW, noticed how he's saying bye-bye to his famous PVC Panel? Maybe a good thing for the environment!

A new sail is born: Ezzy Wave 2020 4 years 6 months ago #3

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Yuck, got into an Ezzy post by mistake. Is there any way I can unsee this ? :lol:

A new sail is born: Ezzy Wave 2020 4 years 6 months ago #4

Greg from Sheb. wrote:
Interesting. Don't you love how swoopy the panel layout looks?

The New Ezzy Wave 2020 5.8 (which has 5 battens) weighs the same as a Zeta/Tiger 5.2. :woohoo: And a Ezzy Wave 2020 4.7 weighs the same as a Zeta/Tiger 3.7. :woohoo:

A new sail is born: Ezzy Wave 2020 4 years 6 months ago #5

Reid Fillman wrote:
The New Ezzy Wave 2020 5.8 (which has 5 battens) weighs the same as a Zeta/Tiger 5.2. :woohoo: And a Ezzy Wave 2020 4.7 weighs the same as a Zeta/Tiger 3.7. :woohoo:

Anything lighter than my NP 9.4 V8 is a plus in my quiver! :lol:

A new sail is born: Ezzy Wave 2020 4 years 6 months ago #6

there are good, light, and durable laminates out there. most monofilm is actually quite heavy. they can dramatically reduce the weight of your sail. also, a really good quality mast will improve rig handling (assuming it's a compatible bend). i've been using some really light masts the last few years (north/duotone platinum/aeros) and not only are they really light, they make the rig feel really good. combine that with a powerful sail, and i have a rig with a short boom that sails 1-2 sizes bigger power wise but is super light and maneuverable.

those new Ezzys are a pretty nice weight.

A new sail is born: Ezzy Wave 2020 4 years 6 months ago #7

new sails in action

A new sail is born: Ezzy Wave 2020 4 years 5 months ago #8

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
I wouldn’t mind this kind of an Ezzy package either ;)

6C2DE8B2-325C-4015-B06B-C0CC3346E3A5.png

A new sail is born: Ezzy Wave 2020 4 years 5 months ago #9

that's KP's girlfriend (don't know if they're still together). she's a ripping italian wave sailor

A new sail is born: Ezzy Wave 2020 4 years 5 months ago #10

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Kevin Kan wrote:
that's KP's girlfriend (don't know if they're still together). she's a ripping italian wave sailor

Wow! The whole package!!

A new sail is born: Ezzy Wave 2020 4 years 5 months ago #11

click.... if you dare!

www.instagram.com/iamdamanegra/

A new sail is born: Ezzy Wave 2020 4 years 5 months ago #12

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Kevin Kan wrote:
click.... if you dare!

www.instagram.com/iamdamanegra/

That’s a RDM definitely :lol:
Time to create page: 0.348 seconds