Friday, May 17, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Did you know?!

Did you know?! 4 years 10 months ago #13

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Did you know about this Midwest windsurfing organisation and the events they organise?
www.mowind.org/wp/
m.facebook.com/mowind.org/
The latest event has been the one in Worthington, MN last weekend. The next one is scheduled for this Saturday in Detroit -Lake St. Claire
The event calendar pdf : www.mowind.org/calendar/calendar.pdf
The recap of the Worthington races: uswindsurfing.org/2019/06/kindred-souls/
I would like to check out one or more of this events since this is another part of windsurfing that I’m not familiar with and although I don’t have neither the equipment nor the experience to participate in the races it would be still fun to hang out and rub shoulders with the veterans. Im checking the weather forecast for the Detroit event and the wind doesn’t look good for now, but if it improves I may aswell visit, as long as I can sail at some point-watching only is something I don’t like much.

Did you know?! 4 years 10 months ago #14

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
I went to Worthington one time for a race but did sail in it. It is a small lake but back then I was used to sailing Evergreen. I remember ripping it up on the lake with the guys who were going to compete thinking wow, I can hang with these guys but was too late to register. They had a band and stuff at the event site. There’s a camp ground on the far side of the lake from the event sight. I remember them billing it as the windiest place in Wisconsin or something like that. I remember thinking we get cleaner wind on lake evergreen. Was really surprised how small the lake was. Anyway, I had a good time, good memories, me and my faithful companion Boomer hanging in my big red van.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds