Saturday, May 18, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Sail quick fixes-Gorilla tape+McNett neo cement

Sail quick fixes-Gorilla tape+McNett neo cement 5 years 10 months ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
912BDBCA-4CDE-4DD9-B502-F6469EC14669.jpeg

A0C169CA-19B1-49D1-B583-FD41E15F3264.jpeg

It’s hard to tell the sail is patched with the carpet as a background and those are several layers on both sides including a square placed layer. It beats the standard sail repair tape on every level .

Gorilla clear tape-the best sail repair tape 5 years 9 months ago #2

Thx Ady. Good to know! I'm buying a roll now just in case my well used 8.5 gives up on me.

Gorilla clear tape-the best sail repair tape 5 years 9 months ago #3

Yup, that was a good find, Ady.

Chris used it on his sail. I couldn't even see the tape or rip with the sail just lying on the ground. He used a lot of strips on both sides. I had to kneel down to see it. The Gorilla clear tape doesn't fog or bubble and sticks much stronger than other tape. And it's cheaper.

The before on 5/01/18

F13_5_1_2018134.jpg

The after on 7/01/18.

Back in business. The rip / hole was below the second batten from the bottom between the window and the boom cutout.

Marina_7_1_2018045.jpg

Gorilla clear tape-the best sail repair tape 5 years 9 months ago #4

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Good to keep a roll in the trunk always -session saver. Store in the package or wrapped to prevent the dust colecting at the edges.

Sail quick fixes-Gorilla tape+McNett neo cement 5 years 5 months ago #5

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
A little luff sleeve foot/ mast pad/ repair on my recently purchased used sail reminded me to post my other quick fix “miracle “-the McNett neoprene cement. It’s absolutely great for luff sleave repairs, from little rips to long shreds. It has a good thickness not to drip underneath the repair but also saturates the fabric to create a strong bond that still has some elasticity and doesn’t crack even after years of use. It’s black so it blends perfectly with black fabric and you can paint over it if you want to blend it with any other colour. Dries quickly and you can use the sail after no more then 20 min. Most windsurfing folks know already that it is the best glue for wetsuits , so this is another good use for it. On top of everything it doesn’t dry hard inside the tube like Aquaseal!

0A91733A-F485-445F-B245-3960CA1BA7B0.png
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds