Thursday, May 02, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Upgrade to a Goya Bolt

Upgrade to a Goya Bolt 6 years 6 days ago #1

Couldn't resist. Tried it, loved it and bought it! Fresh off the box. Here is the Goya Bolt 125L!
Sorry trusted AtomIQ. You've been a faithful friend for 3 years but it's time to say goodbye. The nervous lines, the flat rocker, the athletic rails and the bold monochromatic skin of my new toy were too good to pass. Faster on the takeoff, smooth in the turns, agile and alive at full speed, the thrillseeker that I am has now access to new sensations without the need for any particularly outstanding skills.
Time to upgrade.

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0697_2018-04-25.jpg

125l, 240x76, tail 52.8, 7.3kg, carbon deck, mfc fin 44cm H1 Racing Deep TT Foil-Ready, sail range 6.0-9.0

Upgrade for a Goya Bolt 6 years 6 days ago #2

Wow, pretty cool, Greg

Goya Bolt 2018

Upgrade to a Goya Bolt 6 years 5 days ago #3

What sails sizes do you plan on using on it, I need to replace my iSonic 122 and I would love to have one of these for my Retro 7.5.

Upgrade to a Goya Bolt 6 years 4 days ago #4

Hi Gary,
I plan on sailing it with my 8.5 and 7.0 Ezzy Lion primarily (2-cam narrow sleeve sail). Alternatively, I have a no-cam 7.5 Ezzy Cheetah if something "in-between" is needed.
It appears that your Retro 7.5 is in the sweet-spot for the Bolt 125. I read in a 2017 Goya Bolt test in the french Wind Magazine that the Bolt is more suited to ride with cambered sails than no-cam sails. In French they were saying that: "Ce volume, avec la plus forte largeur sous les pieds de ce comparatif, s’est montré plus à l’aise en grandes toiles à cambers plutôt qu’en voile no cam" which translate literally like: "In this size (125 Litter), the Bolt being the widest board of this test, demonstrated better aptitudes with large cambered sails than with no cam sails."

See here the test report (in French) from which this is excerpted (125 Litter):
www.windmag.com/planches-2017-goya-bolt-freerace

I sailed the board in March for 7 consecutive days with a No-Cam Goya Mark 7.2 and at my level, it was balanced and more than enough power in 15-17 kn!

Other test reports in English this time:
www.windsurf.co.uk/test/goya-bolt-125l-2017-test-review/
www.windsurf.co.uk/test/goya-bolt-115l-2016-test-review/

And again in French for the 2016 - 115 Litter
www.windmag.com/planches-2016-goya-bolt-freerace

From what Goya is saying, the 2018 is no different than the 2017 except for a "foil-ready" fin box and new graphics!
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds