Friday, April 26, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Booms

Booms 4 years 5 months ago #25

Surf Magazine's subscription tests / reviews come in PDF. format. You could try throwing it into Google Translate Documents.

google_translate.png

google_translate_2.png

You would think they would have one in English. How much of the windsurf market are they losing not doing that(I'm not talking about the U.S.) .

Booms 4 years 5 months ago #26

i'm glad Surf Magazine still does tests like this that have some method to them. It's a lot of work, and getting valid feedback is difficult. i've been part of a few magazine tests over the years, and it really is a pain in the ass! So much stuff to try, often sailing on equipment that is the wrong size for the conditions b/c you have to test it. I know... 1st world problems.

Booms 4 years 5 months ago #27

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
The French Planche magazine also does good tests I think, unfortunately the British Windsurf does rather crappy ones and increasingly about foils so I stopped subscribing to it and only buy single editions /like I do with Surf/ when something intrigues me.

Booms 4 years 5 months ago #28

Ady wrote:
The French Planche magazine also does good tests I think, unfortunately the British Windsurf does rather crappy ones and increasingly about foils so I stopped subscribing to it and only buy single editions /like I do with Surf/ when something intrigues me.

One day, you’ll join the Dark Side! :lol:

Booms 4 years 5 months ago #29

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force

You are not and I will not!!! I’m leading the resistance :lol:

Booms 4 years 5 months ago #30

anybody remember the Hot Sails Playmate carbon boom? It had a really funny, narrow outline. Of course when I googled to find a picture of it, I got other results.

Booms 4 years 5 months ago #31

Kevin Kan wrote:
anybody remember the Hot Sails Playmate carbon boom? It had a really funny, narrow outline.

hotsails_playmate_2.jpg

hotsails_playmate.jpg
hot_sails_ad.gif

Booms 4 years 5 months ago #32

...reminiscent of the original Windsurfer teak boom. I learned windsurfing on this boom. A real skin-burner and blister-generating machine!

teakboom.jpg
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds