Sunday, May 05, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Sails and masts

Sails and masts 11 months 1 week ago #1

• KM
  • Storm Force
Hi all

No luck at the swap today so posting this here

2022 Ezzy Cross 8.0 Orange, brand new in box. $700
2021 Ezzy Legacy 430 mast (brand new lower section) $270
2022 Ezzy Legacy 460 mast (brand new in plastic) $320
?? North Duke 4.7 with 400 Drop shape mast (SDM extension, RDM boom) $125
2022 Streamlined RDM Carbon Extension 46mm Euro Pin (also includes spare 30cm tube) $150
NP Sabre 6.7 with 430 mast $100

Sails and masts 11 months 1 week ago #2

Wow! You are selling everything! Are you switching to Wingfoiling? :lol:

Sails and masts 11 months 1 week ago #3

• KM
  • Storm Force
Absolutely not! I've finally figured out what I like and getting rid of everything else and some extras. The 430 mast is an old top and new bottom section from where I broke one (I believe rigging error)

I've cut my quiver of keepers to: 8.5 Cheetah, 8.0 Cross, 7.5 Legacy, 6.7 Legacy, 5./8 Elite, and a 5.0 Retro that I've never seen enough wind to actually use. I can get away with 3 90% masts and one boom. Kind of thinking about getting a new 9.5 Cheetah as it'll fit my boom better than the old 9.5 Cheetah, but am a bit nervous about using a boom at full extension.

It was very nice to meet a bunch of you today, my son (the kid in the tree) is crushed we didn't sell anything as he was promised a cut. he'll recover.

Sails and masts 11 months 1 week ago #4

Awesome! Glad to hear you are making sense of all that gear. Maybe your son needs a treat to recover faster! ;)

Sails and masts 11 months 1 week ago #5

• KM
  • Storm Force
My kids are really good at advocating for treats, on that you can rest easy.

I'm going to be up in Milwaukee for a very quick work visit on Wed AM, thinking about sailing at South Shore beach if the wind forecast holds, that seems like a cool place for NE. If that's no good I'll probably hit up Andrea on the way home. If the forecast and trip come to be, I'll shoot you a text on the off chance you're sailing that day.

Edit: In case you want to see somethign different on the water, the start of the Ocean Race is today, leaving Newport RI USA to Aarhus DK. The boats foil, or at least if they have breeze, which they don't today, but neat race

Sails and masts 11 months 1 week ago #6

Cool! Yes, South Shore Beach near the Yach Club is a good (and safe) place during strong NE. You will be sailing behind a 2-mile-long break wall. Great for speeding! If it stays North, it's not as good (Short runs behind the wall or you'll have to poke through the marina opening and sail in the swell). If it is a powered NE above 25kn / gusting 35kn, I'll join you down there! Keep me in the loop!

Sails and masts 11 months 1 week ago #7

• Gerry
  • High Wind
I probably saw you at the swap this morning without knowing it - I didn't bring it there, but if you want a good deal on a big HPL boom for that 9.5 just let me know! I figured no one would be interested.

Sails and masts 11 months 1 week ago #8

I lived in Milwaukee for several years and NNE was my favorite direction, sailing from Bradford Beach (actually a little walkway just north of sandy beach). There is no shorebreak in Milwaukee, very easy to get to the wind and sail great quality wind. Do not know if you have waterstarts down, but it would be necessary in the 3-5 ft swell that will develop after a few hours.
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds