Monday, May 06, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Advice on drying out board

Advice on drying out board 1 year 4 months ago #13

• KM
  • Storm Force
Two other observations

Published weights may not be particularly accurate. From reading online they're usually under weight compared to production boards. Mine may be an outlier as even with straps, foam nose protector and a repair it's still weighing almost a pound under the published weight. Big board but still that was surprising.

If you're relying on normal atmosphere for drying you might consider drilling a hole into the foam core to give more surface area for evaporation. Can be filled in with two part foam before glass, and if you have a real crunch it's probably disturbed the foam anyway so replacing is better.

Advice on drying out board 1 year 3 months ago #14

Board with straps is 17.4 lbs. I'm done with any active measures to further dry out, just let it sit in my dry basement with 2 deep drill holes in the tail, small patch of exposed foam on the side, and seal it up in March.

Advice on drying out board 1 year 3 months ago #15

What if a guy, opened the board's value and let the fish pump (hooked up to the hole on the tail) pull air out of the tail all day? Air goes from valve to tail all day.

Advice on drying out board 1 year 3 months ago #16

• KM
  • Storm Force
I think you'd probably want to tent and seal around the pump and board but it ought to work. It wouldn't be true vacuum drying as described above but it might help moisture migrate to the crack.

What I find really intersting is how off the stated weight of boards seems to be. My board was quite UNDER weight by almost 2lbs when new which is suprising. I wish I'd grabbed the weight of the foam nose lump and straps as well, but even after my repair and with straps/lump it's still under what the state weight was supposed to be without straps. Especially for the economy construction (RRD's 'e-tech') it's cool that they're building them light but no idea where'd you get another kg on a board like this.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds