Sunday, May 19, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: GoPro Flymount windsurf boom setup?

GoPro Flymount windsurf boom setup? 2 years 1 day ago #1

Could you show me how the flymount is attached to the tail of the boom for those shots?

GoPro Flymount windsurf boom setup? 2 years 1 day ago #2

David Mark wrote:
Could you show me how the flymount is attached to the tail of the boom for those shots?

Here ya go. The Goya boom has the same size tail in ALL its sizes. Nice and wide. I can clamp the Flymount on the wrapped outhaul rope. Alignment guide for view is the top of screen somewhere around the boom clips. Mode for GoPro is Superview. Pretty cool view with a boom at only 152cm on the 4.0 Severne Freek.

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

TheCorner_5_9_2022_00008.jpg

TheCorner_5_9_2022_00022.jpg

GoPro Flymount windsurf boom setup? 1 year 11 months ago #3

I thought that I could fit a Flymount there on my Duotone boom with the same shape rear to get a better shot on both sides of the sail, but the Duotone is narrower. I found a part on Amazon (or Ebay) that provides a bit of extension and swivel to fit my Chinook carbon tail and put the camera directly behind the sail, slightly lower but perfectly behind the sail, all aluminum, seems to be strong after tightening everything up.

IMG_0424.jpg

GoPro Flymount windsurf boom setup? 1 year 11 months ago #4

Very happy with this setup, very sturdy all aluminum with everything tucked under the boom, nothing fragile sticking out, I have the orange GoPro float housing installed, but did not put a tether on. To be perfectly secure, the tether might be a good idea, the potentially fragile part of the setup is the attachment to the GoPro itself.

vs220601-001.jpg
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds