Sunday, April 28, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Slingshot Foil Set up Questions

Slingshot Foil Set up Questions 3 years 10 months ago #13

Wow, so concise and so useful info!!! Thanks!!!

Slingshot Foil Set up Questions 3 years 10 months ago #14

no problem! glad to help. we literally had no idea what we were doing when we started foiling a few years ago, and with wings now it seems like we've started from scratch again. I often get asked, "will x brand foil work w/ z brand board?"... and often times i just have to tell people I don't know.

I'm also amazed how much difference boards make for both windfoiling and wing foiling. Especially wing foiling with no straps, I figured once flying, you're really riding the foil... have been amazed that boards of similar size and outline can feel so different in the air.

Slingshot Foil Set up Questions 3 years 10 months ago #15

• Greg S
  • Strong Breeze
Great info Kevin. The community here is smaller, so sharing knowledge online is super helpful as it relates to new sports like wind foiling and wingers! If your willing to share more can you comment on winging learning curve and conditions...

What are my chances of winging in this board with a slingshot foil ?
www.robertoriccidesigns.com/equipment/co...te-boards/hi-flight/

Slingshot Foil Set up Questions 3 years 10 months ago #16

Greg S wrote:
Does anyone have tips on best way to set up a leash in case the foil breaks loose?

Here's how I do it: A simple line looped around the foil (using a bowline knot) and the other end tied to one of the footstrap. Of course, for this to work, the loop has to be smaller than the top-end of the foil (the part that fits in the finbox. The drag generated by the line is insignificant since the idea is to be up on the foil as quickly as possible!

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

Accessorily, the leach can serve to bring your foiling catch back to shore. :lol:
FoilCatch.jpg

Slingshot Foil Set up Questions 3 years 10 months ago #17

Greg S wrote:
Great info Kevin. The community here is smaller, so sharing knowledge online is super helpful as it relates to new sports like wind foiling and wingers! If your willing to share more can you comment on winging learning curve and conditions...

What are my chances of winging in this board with a slingshot foil ?
www.robertoriccidesigns.com/equipment/co...te-boards/hi-flight/

that looks like a great board to get started with winging! depending on how much wind you get, you probably want to have a large front wing... in the Slingshot family that is the Infinity 84 or 99. The 76 can be used for winging, but it takes a lot ore power to get going and isn't very beginner friendly unless you're light and have a lot of wind.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds